Ace 350 constant tone in pinpoint mode

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new Ace 350 and am just getting use to it but when I press the pinpoint button it gives me a constant tone. I hold it away from the target and have no tone but as soon as I push the button it starts. Even holding it in the air above my head I get he constant tone when pinpointing.

I have a coil cover on it and took it off and made sure the coil was clean and checked the coil cable connection but it continued to make the constant tone.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try doing a factory reset. With machine off hold power button until it beeps then try it. If it continues give Garrett a call. They have great customer service and will take great care of you.

OP
OP
V

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well what did you come up with does it have to go in for repairs

liftloop

OP
OP
V

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the factory reset this morning and went to a nearby park. It is still giving a constant tone when trying to pinpoint and beeps erratically at times while searching.

I called Garrett a few minutes ago and they are sending a new coil first and said if that doesn't fix the problem I will have to send the whole unit in.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the factory reset this morning and went to a nearby park. It is still giving a constant tone when trying to pinpoint and beeps erratically at times while searching. I called Garrett a few minutes ago and they are sending a new coil first and said if that doesn't fix the problem I will have to send the whole unit in.
sry to hear that but that coil will be to you quick. Stuff like that happens and Garrett will get you taken care of. I hope you enjoy your ace 350 when you get the new coil. When I used mine it was a coin magnet and pretty deep with that 8.5 x11 DD coil. Don't swing to fast and I recommend you get a pinpointer if ya can afford one. It makes recovery time a lot faster. Let us know if ya need any help learning the 350 and good luck.

Last edited:

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Make sure you aren't running your senility to high that can cause erratic beeps

as for the pinpoint place your coil on the ground then press the pinpoint button then lift your coil and try to pinpoint. Each time you push it returnes the detector to zero it out. I have problems sometimes and I have noticed it is ground mineralization in the soil. For some reason it is worse for me just after it rains.

Let me know if that helps.

OP
OP
V

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodiak - thanks for the tips. I have the accu-find pinpointer from KellyCo that came with the detector, but it seems to be lacking although I really don't have anything to compare it to.

Fireguy - My senility always runs a little high:laughing7: Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow with the coil on the ground. I think the mineralization is high here too and the ground is still pretty wet from the melting snow and rain we've gotten recently.

Will the sensitivity affect the pinpointing at all? Either way ill try turning it down a little while swinging.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodiak - thanks for the tips. I have the accu-find pinpointer from KellyCo that came with the detector, but it seems to be lacking although I really don't have anything to compare it to. Fireguy - My senility always runs a little high:laughing7: Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow with the coil on the ground. I think the mineralization is high here too and the ground is still pretty wet from the melting snow and rain we've gotten recently. Will the sensitivity affect the pinpointing at all? Either way ill try turning it down a little while swinging.
if you can swing it I would recommend the Garrett pro pointer. I know it's over $100 but it's well worth it. Their are other pin pointers out their that I've heard are very good like the minelab but I don't have any exp with those. I've done the hand full of dirt thing for a while before I bought the pro pointer and that works also. Good luck and let's us know how your doing and post your finds.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same Kellyco pinpointer that came packaged with my detector and it sucks. I now have the ProPointer and it makes alot easier to find once you've dug a plug.

OP
OP
V

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard good things about the Propointer but don't want to rush into a decision.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread