Park FINALLY Gives Up Silver…and Gold!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my first hunt of '14 in today finally! (stupid long cold winter)

Anyway, grabbed up the AT Pro for the task today and headed to a small park that I've been working for 2yrs. This park is in an old section of town and was once farm land before it was a park.
I've pulled a few Wheats and a ring or two the last couple of years but never once pulled any silver. But today it finally gave it up! 1943d Merc. And also got some gold…not enough to set up for the rest of my life but gold none the less. Plated eyeglass frames!

For those of you that may remember it took me a few months to get my first silver of the year last year (until I got my ATP! :) ).

Glad to get it out of the way & on the first outing at that!

The mouthpiece is silver (plated) too. Picked that up at different park today.
'43d Mrec.JPG
first '14 hunt.JPG
silver & gold 01.JPG

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go fella! I've been out a few times and have 3 silvers so far in '14 but I had to freeze my but off to get two of them. I like the mercs just something about them that makes me smile. I went out today and it was a trash and wheat day ended up with 4 wheats and a lot of trash. The at pro was picking those wheats out of an old burn pit area so that 5x8 coil was working overtime. The guy that owns the land has a detector and said you won't find anything but trash in there and he watched me dig two of the wheats. He said wow I think I need to get one of those machines you got. Congrats on the silver and the gold and here is to many more to come.

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats man. Wish I had older parks around that aren't so dang trashy! 😒

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Top Member Reactions