New AT Pro!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Also like Greenhat said, when you do get your AT Pro be sure to read the manual correctly b4 you start tinkering around with it. I got too excited when I first got it and made the mistake of thinking the coil nut on the head of the unit was supposed to be unscrewed. After reefing on it wondering why it was so tight I realized where I was trying to unscrew was wrong. I was lucky It didn't come loose because they are permanently sealed to the head for the water proofing. Idiot! The things we do when we have a new toy.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol good luck with it and it's always good to have a backup. I've heard a lot of good things about the f2 so you have a great backup.

Yes it is! It's really good and for starters it's one of the best if not "The" Best detector! My 8 year old already asked what was I going to do with it! LOL! Guess who's having a new F2 I told him!! :D

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding people with dumb things to say, I just let them talk, talk, talk, talk! I like to listen to people and let them talk all they want. Then I know how full of crap they are…. :D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing i did not like about the AT Pro is the coil and head phone connections … Other wise than that it is a very good detector you will like it … And it keep's right up with the over priced detectors and just as good as most over priced detectors……And better than some of those over priced detectors......HH

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil and headphone connection I was not liking either, but realized it is what it is since its designed to be waterproof.

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the ace 350 connection better, my backup machine, but then again its not designed to be dunked in the river which I plan to do with my ATPro.

Thigh66

Mar 29, 2006
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
Bought an ATP from Bart as well - along with a 5x8 coil... I like it alot... Still learning it, but I have had a A250 for yrs. Xterra 305 is my backup now... I like the ATP better.

Dont pay attention to fanboys who hate... Not worth it.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought an ATP from Bart as well - along with a 5x8 coil... I like it alot... Still learning it, but I have had a A250 for yrs. Xterra 305 is my backup now... I like the ATP better.

Dont pay attention to fanboys who hate... Not worth it.
Yeah! Me too! Bart's a really good guy! He hooked me up with my ATP this friday and got it yesterday monday morning! I live in Puerto Rico outside the us! Talk about fast shipping and great service! Used it yesterday on a local beach. GREAT depth, separation! Found a freakin dime well over 8 inches deep in the wet sand! Still no gold or silver but I know sooner or later my time will come!

leafsforever3

Jan 3, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a "Fan Boy" but I think you made a good decision with the ATP, for the price it is a great detector. Good luck!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why would you buy a detector they won't fix in ten years..
I guess there some one born every minute...

liftloop

Weren't you taught that if you don't have anything nice to say.... Countless people have an AT Pro and love them without a problem, including me.

PeteCook

Greenie
Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey F2digger congratulations on your new ATP! I have a thread going here focusing on me not being too happy with mine that I recently received and when I saw your thread I wanted to just say a couple things regarding my post.

The only issue I have with mine is that I had it pegged for a salt water hound, which it may not be but it is an awesome, powerful easy to use machine. In all aspects I am really happy with it, but my expectations as an inexperienced newbie were off a bit because I figured that it would be as simple to use in the salt water as on land. Now that I have done some harder looking into it, and had some great advice from the guys on here I am satisfied I made a good choice.

When I took it out to a couple of our beaches where I live the chatter and my lack of experience had me coming up empty handed and frustrated. Fact is I still have lots to learn on dry land and probably took it to about the worst environment possible for any detector. The beaches here are mixed with black sand that sticks to my magnets and have a very heavy mineral content. Now I am still a bit pissed I made the wrong call for where I wanted to use it but that was my fault, the ATP is great and a lot of fun to use everywhere else.

One piece of advice I got a few times here was to swap out the 8.5"x11" stock coil for the 5"x8" DD coil. I did this yesterday and I am absolutely blown away by what a different detector it has become with it on. It is so much easier to use, especially for a new guy like me. It's far more accurate with pinpointing it seems and the depth gauge is dialed in even closer too.

So the two things I would recommend as one new ATP owner to another are:
1) Ignore my "2nd guessing" thread if you come across it... it probably works fine on lots of beaches, black magnetic sand is just a ***** period.
2) Get the 5x8 and give it a go, it makes a way bigger difference than I would have thought.

Have fun F2, I'm looking forward to seeing your treasure pics soon buddy!

Cheers - Pete

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Classy post. Awesome when somebody comes back to clarify a post when a problem they have is solved or an initial review is off due to not having thoroughly worked out its features or conditions the detector is being used. Great post!

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey F2digger congratulations on your new ATP! I have a thread going here focusing on me not being too happy with mine that I recently received and when I saw your thread I wanted to just say a couple things regarding my post.

The only issue I have with mine is that I had it pegged for a salt water hound, which it may not be but it is an awesome, powerful easy to use machine. In all aspects I am really happy with it, but my expectations as an inexperienced newbie were off a bit because I figured that it would be as simple to use in the salt water as on land. Now that I have done some harder looking into it, and had some great advice from the guys on here I am satisfied I made a good choice.

When I took it out to a couple of our beaches where I live the chatter and my lack of experience had me coming up empty handed and frustrated. Fact is I still have lots to learn on dry land and probably took it to about the worst environment possible for any detector. The beaches here are mixed with black sand that sticks to my magnets and have a very heavy mineral content. Now I am still a bit pissed I made the wrong call for where I wanted to use it but that was my fault, the ATP is great and a lot of fun to use everywhere else.

One piece of advice I got a few times here was to swap out the 8.5"x11" stock coil for the 5"x8" DD coil. I did this yesterday and I am absolutely blown away by what a different detector it has become with it on. It is so much easier to use, especially for a new guy like me. It's far more accurate with pinpointing it seems and the depth gauge is dialed in even closer too.

So the two things I would recommend as one new ATP owner to another are:
1) Ignore my "2nd guessing" thread if you come across it... it probably works fine on lots of beaches, black magnetic sand is just a ***** period.
2) Get the 5x8 and give it a go, it makes a way bigger difference than I would have thought.

Have fun F2, I'm looking forward to seeing your treasure pics soon buddy!

Cheers - Pete
Thoughts exactly man! Definitely on track! Tomorrow I'll be hunting in a pretty old spot here were I live. I'll post some pics of the place and hoping to find some good nectar! Glad to hear you still gave it a chance! That's a winner's attitude!!

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts exactly man! Definitely on track! Tomorrow I'll be hunting in a pretty old spot here were I live. I'll post some pics of the place and hoping to find some good nectar!...

DUDE.... I was digging this entire thread until u busted out the N word...

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt with my AT pro! Damn! This place was litterally FULL of iron. Iron disc was set full at 40 due to the Crazy iron signals everywhere! Hunted for like 2hours. Found just junk. The soil looked like it was bull dozed at a time since there were bricks like in a 100 foot radius. Funny, there was an 85 year old man working in the field. Said he lives there in a nearby home for more then 40 years. He said that wall is definitely spanish time. So I'll be checking the place out more often. Lets see what happens!

Attachments

• image-3207799079.jpg
    image-3207799079.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-840405576.jpg
    image-840405576.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-195946224.jpg
    image-195946224.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 84
  • image-677975116.jpg
    image-677975116.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 87

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice place to hunt

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt with my AT pro! Damn! This place was litterally FULL of iron. Iron disc was set full at 40 due to the Crazy iron signals everywhere! Hunted for like 2hours. Found just junk. The soil looked like it was bull dozed at a time since there were bricks like in a 100 foot radius. Funny, there was an 85 year old man working in the field. Said he lives there in a nearby home for more then 40 years. He said that wall is definitely spanish time. So I'll be checking the place out more often. Lets see what happens!

What a beautiful place to hunt! Places like that will tend to be littered with iron, but you can be sure that there are gems hiding, waiting for your triumphant discovery. Don't get discouraged, trying to learn the AT Pro in those conditions is rough, but if you stick to it, great rewards await. And the addition of a 5x8 coil wouldn't hurt either!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread