All Treasure Hunting

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Love my ATP.. now what you gonna do about your screen name? ???

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats take time to learn it if ya get frustrated get on here and we will help ya.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I have seen so many ATP vids on youtube and on the Garrett website that at least I should know how to turn it on LOL! Seriously, a friend of mine has one and because of him I bought it! I used it like f times. Pretty much a straight forward machine on how to use it. But yes, still a lot to learn! With my log in name, maybe I'll keep it since it was my first MD that got me on this awesome hobby! :)

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I have seen so many ATP vids on youtube and on the Garrett website that at least I should know how to turn it on LOL! Seriously, a friend of mine has one and because of him I bought it! I used it like f times. Pretty much a straight forward machine on how to use it. But yes, still a lot to learn! With my log in name, maybe I'll keep it since it was my first MD that got me on this awesome hobby! :)

What I meant is that I used it like four times! LOL!
Just wanted to be clear on that! DOH!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I meant is that I used it like four times! LOL! Just wanted to be clear on that! DOH!!
lol good luck with it and it's always good to have a backup. I've heard a lot of good things about the f2 so you have a great backup.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why would you buy a detector they won't fix in ten years..
I guess there some one born every minute...

liftloop

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great choice. Got my ATPro last month from Bart's. I ordered on a late Friday afternoon and it was at my door step Monday afternoon. I couldn't believe it. Ended up ordering an ACE 350 from them a few days later cause my daughter was attached to my hip pocket the first couple days, so I figured I'd give her something to do rather than bother me. At least I'll have a backup for a friend when she is in school. Just dont tell her. She treats her 350 like its a puppy dog.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why would you buy a detector they won't fix in ten years.. I guess there some one born every minute... liftloop
always someone comes on when someone is excited when they buy a new machine and try's to be negative. Why? It gets old.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
always someone comes on when someone is excited when they buy a new machine and try's to be negative. Why? It gets old.

Agree ! Why do that?

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a dbag move.... A real piece of work. A fellow Metal Detectorist get's on here to tell people he's excited about his new GREAT machine and you have to go and infer he's a sucker. Real neighborly of you and way to promote metal detecting. I see you've been at this a while so you would think you'd be mature enough to encourage the people that are apart of your community but instead you have to act like the common internet troll...

why would you buy a detector they won't fix in ten years..
I guess there some one born every minute...

liftloop

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dbag move.... A real piece of work. A fellow Metal Detectorist get's on here to tell people he's excited about his new GREAT machine and you have to go and infer he's a sucker. Real neighborly of you and way to promote metal detecting. I see you've been at this a while so you would think you'd be mature enough to encourage the people that are apart of your community but instead you have to act like the common internet troll...
it happens all the time when someone brings up the at pro. When I first got mine there was a couple of guys doing same thing. The thread ended up getting locked. People really hate Garrett for some reason. I don't care what you swing as long as we are all being responsible (filling our holes and carrying off the dug trash) so we can do this for years to come. Some people have some growing up to do. I like your screen pic green hat. 5th group?

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats F2, my time will come! I've been dreaming about the Pro, literally.

It gets bad when im looking around the house saying, "hm-I could sell that" haha

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Beepbeep, I know how you feel. I wanted the AT for so long and finally i was able to afford to buy her. She's found lots of coins and silver for me so far. I think a lot of the negative responses to the AT comes from people who heard how great the machine is and once they buy it, they figure its gonna pull out nothing but gold rings and silver coins by the dozens. After digging so much scrap and junk they figure the AT is a junk machine and sell it without learning it.

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good point.

Let me ask you this, have you gone back with the ATP to old places you have detected so hard with your old detector and found new items?

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it happens all the time when someone brings up the at pro. When I first got mine there was a couple of guys doing same thing. The thread ended up getting locked. People really hate Garrett for some reason. I don't care what you swing as long as we are all being responsible (filling our holes and carrying off the dug trash) so we can do this for years to come. Some people have some growing up to do. I like your screen pic green hat. 5th group?

Completely agree. Metal Detectorists take this blind brand loyalty to a new extreme and it's stupid. I would love to try or own the best machine from every brand. You can look on every forum and people with AT Pros are finding some great stuff and for about a $500 machine I think it out performs its price and glad I own it. Would I love to try some other machines.. absolutely. I'll stop there as I don't want to hijack this thread into brand debate. I was with 1SFG Kodiak. Congrats again F2! I know exactly how you feel as it was just about a month ago I was waiting on my ATP. It was the longest 5 or so days of my life! Oh.. make sure you know how to properly open the battery compartment.. I activated full re tard strength trying to yank it off and nearly broke it (didnt read manual that it's an easy twist lol) and then be careful to not drop it as the bat compartment does break easily and is slightly spring loaded so it will shoot out a little bit. Have it lying on a counter parallel to the surface below so gravity doesnt help you break it. Good luck buddy!

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Beep beep, yeah I've gone over a few older places with my Ace 250 and then again with the Pro and i have picked out some deeper finds. It will bring some hunted out sites alive again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread