Jan 9, 2014

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing where you where hunting and hearing the sound you may have been over a big pipe which was much deeper than those six inches.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of machine?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I've had those readings b4. Lots of times turned out to be a beer or pop can. It'll pick those cans up quite deep.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I used my AT Pro, a 99 was always a large piece of iron. However, I have never found a Silver Dollar, so don't know about that.

Were you in an area that has buried pipes, sheet metal, etc.?

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 97-99 yesterday, I was thinking can however it wasn't super loud at about 2-4 inches and the signal dropped off when I swung the coil higher in the air unlike a large piece of aluminum. Well I dug it and pulled 2 Kennedy half dollars. The machine is fairly accurate for the depth for coins but can be off a few inches depending on the coin size. If it says 2-4 and I'm down to at least 8 it's usually large aluminum

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did same thing until I looked up and saw the garbage can.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Probably what you got was a totally rusted out iron piece of junk. It was rusted to the point where it was mixed with the soil matrix around it and not a solid piece. My half dollar coin ring I made for myself read 91, but is really easy to pinpoint and the Pro-Pointer can easily isolate it.

cr 1.jpg

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99 can be big silver. A large target is going to read much more shallow than it really is. I would check to see what size it is and how the signal edges sound. Iron is going to be wide and bleed at the edges from the rust halo.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty certain it isnt a coin, or even coins at that matter....Sounds like a large iron disc of some sorts.

I used to think the MORE Objects in one spot would make it read higher in numbers. But Last year i was finding 20 lb boxes full of ammuntion that were buried about 24" down....and even with all those copper/brass bullets.....the VDI still showed them in the mid-high 60s

If you got the pateince...i would dig it just to see what the hell it is!

good luck!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a slow sweep over it and see if it breaks up (iron).

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dollar I found rang in at a 96-97. 99 usually means junk and if you dug and can't find it prob an old pipe or iron culvert of some type.

seabud

Dec 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the AT Pro I've got one silver Peace Dollar it rang up at 95 94 and sounded clean 99 is almost junk

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say? I don't believe it. There comes a time you have to call B.S. This guy probably doesn't even own one. Those fisher guys don't like the AT series because it's eating into their sales big time. It's a big propaganda thing being pushed. I couldn't care less about fisher detectors. I couldn't even imagine going on the fisher page and raising a stink. Don't need to. It's just laughable these guys are so sucked into the propaganda. This ain't nothing new. It's been going on for decades.
did I miss something signal_line?

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get a big number like that it's almost always a big chunk of copper or brass. A chunk of copper pipe tends to bounce a bit though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread