Love the ATP, but need some insight

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the machine and have gotten quite used to it.. but the mid tones are driving me a bit nuts.

A nickle and a pull tab register 50-ish. Am I just destined to dig pull tabs in hopes it's a nickle ?

Then in the 60-70 range, not sure if I should dig those or not ?

Running Pro-Mode, 30 ID, Sensitivity (Max or 1/2 segments lower)...

I know Iron Audio might help me but just not sure what I'm listening for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bud

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If you consistently dig those pull tabs, yes those are nickel signals but also the thinner smaller gold rings will ring up as pull tabs as well. Iron audio will give you more info on targets that may sound crisp but when iron audio is pressed, you will a slight grunt or a breaking squawk like sound that takes time to hear. You are listening for solid crisp tones with no break ups in the signal. Gold can read from low 40's all the way to low 80's on the AT pro depending on weight and karat. Gotta dig those solid steady signals that don't bounce all over to get the gold. If you're not digging pull tabs and nickels then you're missing out on those smaller gold rings.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you consistently dig those pull tabs, yes those are nickel signals but also the thinner smaller gold rings will ring up as pull tabs as well. Iron audio will give you more info on targets that may sound crisp but when iron audio is pressed, you will a slight grunt or a breaking squawk like sound that takes time to hear. You are listening for solid crisp tones with no break ups in the signal. Gold can read from low 40's all the way to low 80's on the AT pro depending on weight and karat. Gotta dig those solid steady signals that don't bounce all over to get the gold. If you're not digging pull tabs and nickels then you're missing out on those smaller gold rings.
^^^^^^^perfect response don't need to add anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread