Garrett ATX 8" coil test.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Had an offer to test an 8" mono coil on my ATX.......offer accepted...... a most pleasant experience.....the 0.1 gram gold picker produce surprising good audio at a sensitivity setting at 6.......Gold chain even better......higher sensitivity settings increases the detection exponentially.
ATX-8InCoilTest.jpg
...........ivanll

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Interesting Ivan.........I am sure that 8" coil will be the right one for some users. There was some chatter earlier on about the mono coils not working on the ATX from the Infinium and possibly causing damage. Did you get this coil specifically for the ATX?

Regardless.....thanks for your post.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
8" mono coil used here is a genuine ATX coil obtained via Importer Garrett Australia from our local authorised dealer.......there is a short video of the test on photobucket in order to let the ATX audio speak for itself......Picture above is a clip from that video..........Don't know if forum rules permits a link.......Some forums are a little touchy in that respect, got kicked off one for posting metal detector/location related pictures ........ Anyhow it's a easy/pleasant coil to work with, but it make for a lighter detector/coil combination so the shaft have to be extended slightly further when using the 8" coil in order to keep the coil near the ground ............ ivanll

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks Bud! Always nice to read about the latest with the ATX!

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Bearkat4160 have an excellent demo video of the 8" coil being used on YouTube........My late test with this coil confirm it can detect a 0.1 gram gold picker even at a low sensitivity/gain setting of 6.......I can think of many places where this coil will excel...... ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread