AT Pro 5 coil question

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are digging nails at iron discrimination of 40 then you better be rechecking the hole for something else. Nails alone do not sound off at that setting. Don't know how to do a reset? Come on man, read the manual. I suspect this is a bogus thread...AGAIN. The whole forum is a about half bogus with all the hate groups wanting people to fail. It's going to ruin this forum if they don't do something about it. I kinda think they encourage it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiggerKep

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely not bogus...but thanks for suggesting that, really. I bought the detector from my uncle and so therfore do not have a manual to refer. Everything I have seen and from YouTube videos and searching online prior to purchasing the coil did not mention anything about resetting when changing coils. That is the reason I posted this today... believing that there might be something as simple as that to do that I was unaware of not having a manual to reference and hoping... rather, knowing that there would be someone willing and able to suggest or inform me of something worth trying and possibly solving what I considered to be an unusual occurrence for my detector. Someone did do that kindly for me and I thanked them showing my appreciation for their response. What in that leads you to believe this thread is "bogus"? After the initial discussion some other people's opinions and comments might have had alternative motives but I cannot control nor can I forsee what others might post to a simple thread where I am asking for information regarding my self proclaimed lack of knowledge on this specific situation.

OP
OP
DiggerKep

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the offer diggin, I appreciate it. I will see if I can download one from the garrett site and I also might be able to get one from my local md shop owner too. Let me check those resources first before I ask that of you. I see too from this that having the manual might be useful in the future.

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had same thing happens at park today. Power reset did the trick. Make sure machine is already off rather than on when doing the reset.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be sure to check the iron audio before digging those signals. You will be able to distinguish.

OP
OP
DiggerKep

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick update. ..I did a reset and checked all of the connections again and it is now working great. Found a lot of clad, a wheat penny, 1972 half dollar, and some other unique and interesting items last night with the 5x8 like a large token that was a check token of some sort for the jackson auto company in Jackson michigan which dates it to between 1902 and 1920. Thanks again for the assist on this.

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your welcome. Glad your problem is solved.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is see you run on full sensitivity. Sometimes I notice that when the sensitivity is at max my machine it will false (high tone) on iron - 2 bars from max is good for me - full max on the high tone whispers with no numbers.

OP
OP
DiggerKep

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tedyoh I'll try that too. Have you noticed any reduction in depth by going two bars away from full sensitivity? Just wondering where that line is between digging a few false targets and missing some good targets an inch or two deeper?
Just a thought

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not at all....do an air test with yours....or a test garden, to know for sure though. I would not think the difference will be anywhere close to inches.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug them before but they don't sound like a clear coin target. It was tricky for me after I started using the 5x8 but the nails aren't as clear of a high tone but it makes you want to dig them. I found an Indian head with one of the nails I dug because it had the sweet sound one way and the scratchy high tone the other. Part of detecting good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread