Three Bears

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AaaaaEeeeee!!!!!! I am just opening the box..... "Spring" special. My eyes are red from watching all the utube "how to" videos this past week. It came at a great time. Our son and wife are expecting their first child(our first grand child)on May12th in St. Joesph, MI. I plan to take the Pro up there and during some "quiet times" go out to Lake Michigan and try some fresh water beach combing. Anyone search Lake MI? What settings would you recommend? Thanks ???

Garrett Gadget

Greenie
May 2, 2014
Congrats on the ATP. I've had mine a short time and i LOVE it. In fact I'm about to order my second ATP for the wife.

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! Give it time and learn how it talks to you. Takes some hours using it before it clicks with you like a perfect fitting shoe. Have read of many frustrations in the beginning and I had mine too. With a hundred hours on mine now I am confident if its there, the ATPro will find it. I wouldn't trade for anything.

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
For a beach use pro mode 1 or 2 blocks off max sensitivity zero disc (iron disc at 28 to 35). the best areas are(this time of year on lake mich) within 6 to 15 foot from waters edge. Me thinks waters toocold now for in water without wet or dry suit Ull need a sand scoup. Be aware signals from 38 (iron sound) to about 42(foil sound) and scratchy can be gold chains. Any concession areas are good & especially near pay phones. Make shure detecting is permitted, the Mich dnr has maps on its website where it's allowed on state facilities. The beaches are long, some places are target rich and some not,--Persistance pays off--

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AaaaaEeeeee!!!!!! I am just opening the box..... "Spring" special. My eyes are red from watching all the utube "how to" videos this past week. It came at a great time. Our son and wife are expecting their first child(our first grand child)on May12th in St. Joesph, MI. I plan to take the Pro up there and during some "quiet times" go out to Lake Michigan and try some fresh water beach combing. Anyone search Lake MI? What settings would you recommend? Thanks ???

Pro zero mode descrim on 31.

Have fun!

OP
OP
T

Three Bears

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information... I tried it out today at Toledo Bend Res.....using your recommendations - 7 pennies, 1 clad quarter, two Jefferson nickels and a silver ear ring stud..... + a million tabs and bottle tops.... Here we go.....

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information... I tried it out today at Toledo Bend Res.....using your recommendations - 7 pennies, 1 clad quarter, two Jefferson nickels and a silver ear ring stud..... + a million tabs and bottle tops.... Here we go.....

Once you use it for a while longer you will know those bottle caps very well. Very distinct sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread