I need insight into waterproof headphones for my At Pro?

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the Garrett waterproof ones are not good. I don't even like the headphones that came with my machine. I need good headphones!

What do you guys think? I know a good set for land, I need waterproof for the Jersey shore. I have not tried it yet, but maybe I might be able to do it without headphones. Is there anyone hunting the surf with your AT Pro? I would hate to spend the money for waterproof headphones and end up not using them. I plan on trying down the shore in the water, last summer I never even thought of it (duh)
Thanks in advance. HH

trinidaddave

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2013
I have both the standard ATPro and the Garrett water proof. I use both. I really don't care for the water proof set since they don't have volume control. I have accidentally dropped my dry set in the water and so far no problem. I take them in in the surf often.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am totally Pro Garrett but the waterproof headphones without vol. control are NOT GOOD // I am about 60% deaf but they are about 50% to loud for me///--Perry

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the Gray Ghost and I use them all the time, I like them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread