First Water/Ice Hunt For With The ATX This Year..... Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
asearchtoocold_zps1c74d9d0.jpg~original

I went to 3 different locations until I found a place that was somewhat detectable. This final spot was a combination of ice flows, a few open areas and ice mush! I wore a chest wader, and could only stay in 4 feet of water for short periods of time, as it was COLD!

P5130487_zps309024f3.jpg~original

Here's what some ice mush looks like. Long thin strands of ice that kind of stick together, yet it is possible to walk through them. In this scoop of ice mush was a bottle cap. :)

agolfball_zps8a41b440.jpg~original

A fair distance out in the water, there was a golf ball sitting on top of an ice flow. Some guy must have recently fired a bucket of balls from shore out in the water. I did find a few other golf balls.

all_zpscfef3f9e.jpg~original

Here's the good, the bad and the ugly! Funny thing......not one bottle cap is identical to another. What are the chances? No cold-gold in the scoop today. I tried.

acoins_zpscb0045ac.jpg~original

Here are the coins from today. A nice variety! It sure was nice to get out today. :hello2:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun lol. I'll wait till the lakes are warm to wade on the beaches. You are one determined detectorists John. Congrats on your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread