trappered

Greenie
Mar 27, 2013
nw missouri
Detector(s) used
gti 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have a garrett 1500 , never here many on here talk about it , seem that most all are going to the garrett At pro, i talked to my dealer in kc he said it's not going to find anymore coins with the At pro, if not hunting in water, any help from who has both or had, only please. thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett GTI 1500 is still a nice detector though heavier than the ATP and can't go in the water. However when you get a hit on the 1500 it locks on. There is no jumping of numbers to confuse you. The threshold is rock steady without all the chatting of the "Pro". It also pinpoints right on in the center of the small hole in the coil and is a coin beast with the tiny sniper coil..

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to own a 1500 and though it was a nice machine it just did not have much depth. I now own a AT Pro and a Etrac and they both will eat up the 1500 as far as depth goes. In my opinion.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to own a 1500 and though it was a nice machine it just did not have much depth. I now own a AT Pro and a Etrac and they both will eat up the 1500 as far as depth goes. In my opinion.

I like my GTP1350. I guess it's too much to update the GTI/GTP series to better depth and higher frequencies.

Of course, I'd like to have a GTA1000 for it's "surface elimination" feature.....

Last edited:

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...I wasn't all that impressed with the AT Pro either....I currently use the GTP 1350 and the GTI 1500...being mainly a relic hunter and deep coin and brass hunter....I like the feature of being able to tell the size of the target....many of the detectors today have a motion based pin point feature which makes it really hard to pin point.....and please do Not suggest using a Pin Pointer I am old school and learned how to pinpoint using the all metal non-motion mode decades ago....way back in the day.....the GTP 1500 is the heaviest of the two but weight is relative...back in the early 60's many detectors weighed around 8 pounds which was considered light for that time ...ever tried a WWII mine detector and then you would know what they were comparing it too.....Of course...my favorite Garrett is the GOLDHUNTER Groundhog....that is really showing my age....but when you have 1000's of hours into a particular model of detector.....you can even hunt in all metal and know and do some discrimination.....nuff said ....Joe

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i have always said here and a lot of the AT Pro people jumped all over me … For the most part newer members they were pretty hateful…..But here it is the GTI 1500 is a lot better detector than the AT Pro .. To me the GTI 1500 and the GTI 2500 are way better than the AT Pro … I have had the 1500 & 2500 ..and 2 AT Pros but now i do not have any AT Pros Got rid of all my AT Pros for they were not as good as the GTI detectors….You can not beat that Target Imaging …With that you know what size the target in the ground is..And it is right on for the target size … B was coin size but i never dig any thing over the C and i know it will be a coin size …. I do not have to dig up tin cans that is for sure .. And the imaging must cost more to put in for the GTI detectors cost more with that in them … Those AT's are no more than a ACE 250 & 350 water proofed..

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your telling me my at gold is nothing more than an ace with water proofing keppy? The reason I'm saying this is because you said at's in your statement. I have used an at pro for over a year and had the ace 350 before that and the at pro out hunt the ace 350 bad. I went back to all the spots I had hunted with the 350 and found the silver the 350 wouldn't hit on. The standard mode on the pro is more like the ace but it has ground balance. The pro mode will run circles around the ace. Now if your referring to an at gold you are completely wrong. The gold is nothing like the pro except for the iron audio and layout of some of the buttons. The gold is an awesome relic machine that also screams on silver. I would hunt the pro all day over an ace. I'm not new and have many hours on the pro. I just got the gold and like it better. The GTI imaging has good reviews and a lot of people like them. The imaging would be fun to try but I can size my target with the pinpoint button that is a non motion pinpoint. I seen that you have had an at pro or two but you didn't like them or think they are a water proof ace. That's your opinion but I have owned an ace and that is not the case in my exp. They work great in this ohio soil. Have you ever tried a gold? The gold is now my go to detector and can't think of anything else I would want for my type of hunting. Not trying to make you mad but there sure are a lot if people who like their at pros. Again the at gold is a diff machine that you can't even really compare to the pro.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions