J

jreverquest

May 28, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi JR- thanks for the kind words about our site. We aim to be competitive with anyone price wise, hope that is noticeable. :)

And it sound like you just need to knock on doors on private property in your area... There are a lot of great landowners out there who would be willing to let you check out their properties if you approach them the right way. Just treat them with respect and all will be fine.

As for a specific detector recommendation, if you ask 50 people you will get 50 different answers... Lol. The AT Pro is quite competitive in its price range, and is popular because it does a lot of things well. Not perfect, but well - and at a good price in comparison to its competition. The X-Terra 705 is in my opinion more capable and a bit of an underrated detector at times also in that general price range. Fisher's F70 also falls in this general price range, with good capability. Tesoro has the Vaquero and Tejon which are well regarded machines too, if you don't need a screen.

Remember that all of these machines have strengths and weaknesses- pick one that best fits your style of learning (audible or visual) and also is most compatible with the conditions in which you are hunting.

Hope that helps!

FBD,

Yes you have given me more insight at what to look for and Im going to look at everything you have mentioned and of course I will be looking at your site too!!! You are correct I came close to saying your prices were in line or better then the ones I have priced lol I just didn't mention it and should have... Let me do more research and I will be getting ahold of you... I'm sure I will be purchasing a few over the rest of this year as Im really big into hobbies and always have been and now that I have way to much time on my hands I will want variety as Im sure some are better then others in certain areas that the detector specializes in... Many thanks my friend...

JR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread