Sea Hunter 11

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
gold coast
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax tesoro cibola with clean sweep infinium, whites beach hunter 300 ace 250 bounty hunter platinum,bounty hunter sharpshooter b/h traker garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi All thinking of getting a sea hunter for diving only I know they are a pi and I will dig a lot but I have heard u can disc out ring pulls and other things is this true,also I think with the stranded coil only the larger coils underwater are just to hard to swing,I have a beach hunter but it has a 12in coil to big to dive with I can save that for beach only any suggestions . Thanks

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8" Tesoro Sand Shark if you're diving in saltwater. 8" Tiger Shark for freshwater. I wouldn't recommend a PI in freshwater because iron doesn't deteriorate as quickly in freshwater and you will be overloaded digging itsy bitsy pieces of iron.

You pretty much have to dig pulltabs and everything else with a PI machine or VLF. Even with an Excalibur you have to dig pulltabs (and they sound so good) if you want to find gold. I dove a freshwater spring recently and dug at least 150 pulltabs and maybe a dollars worth of clad before calling it quits.

Last edited:

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
Yes the SH2 would be a good diving detector , the 8 " is a breeze to swing, and so simple to use even a caveman can use it lol, it comes with the short diving shaft , you'll like it , just takes a little while to get use to it ,

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Tigershark in the rain, in the lake and it has a salt mode too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread