The AT Pro still has the stuff!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As some of you know,I went from my trusty ATP to a Deus. I blew off the dust on the ATP and went out in the backyard this morning,to see if we were still on talking terms with each other. She was running smoothly,and I soon got a good tone,then another,and another! I was out there for 15 minutes and she found 9 coins! 2 Wheaties a 1945 and a 1909 (which I stabbed with the digger):BangHead:,a Clad dime,and quarter,and 4 memorial penny's,and a --------1942 Merc!:thumbsup: I guess the old girl was showing me she still has it in her. Ever since going wireless.,and super light,I can't stand to use headphones with a cord on them. I was running the ATP without headphones,and could hear the tones just fine. [URL=http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/rksprs1/media/Hunting%20pics/0022_zpse5d65bc2.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/rksprs1/media/Hunting%20pics/1942merc_zps7f7baf9a.jpg.html] [/URL]

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Buddy! Ain't seen ya around for awhile.

I agree ATP "still" has it. All the machines I've had/have and the ATP will do anything ANY of the other have done. I dunno why I bother buying other machines.

Congrats on the oldies. Next time don't stab em! :laughing7:

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice rks! I'd love to meet up with you sometime and get some pointers on the AT PRO as I just got one.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Buddy! Ain't seen ya around for awhile.

I agree ATP "still" has it. All the machines I've had/have and the ATP will do anything ANY of the other have done. I dunno why I bother buying other machines.

Congrats on the oldies. Next time don't stab em! :laughing7:

Yeah,I took some time off detecting,and had other hobby's to do (too many)! Is there any silver left in your part of the country?:laughing7:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey glad to see you RKS, always enjoyed reading about your finds.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,I took some time off detecting,and had other hobby's to do (too many)! Is there any silver left in your part of the country?:laughing7:

Yeah but I'm not finding it! :angry4: Trying to learn some new machines…Maybe need to use my ATP more!:laughing7:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah but I'm not finding it! :angry4: Trying to learn some new machines…Maybe need to use my ATP more!:laughing7:

Yeah the excitement of a new machine is great,but the learning curve,sure slows things down some!:icon_scratch:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like the back yard still has the stuff too rks!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like the back yard still has the stuff too rks!
Yeah,I have a friend that got into Mding last year,and he hasen't found much silver. He has two lots in town,and I told him to look at them,because there was a lot of silver left in the yards of the older houses in town. The first hunt on his lot produced a silver dime for him.:laughing7: I've found a lot of silver hunting local yards,infact I average more silver per hunt on local yards,than I do anywhere else!:thumbsup:

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Gotta love the ATP baby.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread