Delta 4000 user moving to at gold

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done my fair share research on the at gold and decided thats what im going for i would just like u guys to give me some input on the relic part of that machine and also some on the gold part maybe some of u guys have used this machine before and some of your knowledge would be helpful

Sulpfiction

Greenie
May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a fisher cz5 and a at pro. Recently I changed to the smaller 5x8 dd coil on the pro and I love it. So nice and clean especially in trashy areas. Not to mention its lighter. Can't see me going back to the stock coil any time soon. Definitely add it on when make ur purchase. Good luck.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read and follow the manual. I like the Ground Balance Window on uneven hot ground but don't use too much, just a little. I went to a sand tot lot and ran in All Metal mode and checked every target with Iron Audio then dug it anyway. You will be surprised how much you can learn in one hour. The wet sand will cause some crackling and the threshold can be set into the negative numbers--real nice and still gives decent depth. When learning try to use the All Metal when the trash thins out. Listen for the quick, sharp hits that are deep. The ID numbers will notbe accurate on the deep targets but you can still get an idea if you want to dig. It will probably overwhelm you at first--use more iron discrimination especially at first (in Disc 1 or 2) --40 may miss a tiny gold target but it will save your ears. Remember to ground balance in All Metal to be sure you are not over iron--you will not hear any discriminated iron, no threshold nulling. I'm sure you will appreciate the lightning fast recovery speed--just excellent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions