Ace 250 and Ace 350

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um NO! You can put the ATP in full re-tard mode w/o using iron audio and it's nothing like the crap Ace series.
i agree with fella I owned the 350 and the only thing they share are the tones in standard mode which is a waste of time and the stock size DD coil. The freq. is diff and the pro gives you so much more info. I've re hunted sites that I hunted with the 350 and pulled silver heck my own yard (2 acres) I went over with the 350 multiple times and first day with the pro and I pulled a merc under the clothes line that I know I went over with the 350. The 350 is a good machine but doesn't have anywhere near the punch or info the at pro has. The problem with the ace series is you will outgrow it fast if you get serious in this hobby. I had fun with the 350 and found silver but it is not even close to same class as the at series. Good luck and swing slow with the 350.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with fella I owned the 350 and the only thing they share are the tones in standard mode which is a waste of time and the stock size DD coil. The freq. is diff and the pro gives you so much more info. I've re hunted sites that I hunted with the 350 and pulled silver heck my own yard (2 acres) I went over with the 350 multiple times and first day with the pro and I pulled a merc under the clothes line that I know I went over with the 350. The 350 is a good machine but doesn't have anywhere near the punch or info the at pro has. The problem with the ace series is you will outgrow it fast if you get serious in this hobby. I had fun with the 350 and found silver but it is not even close to same class as the at series. Good luck and swing slow with the 350.

Well spoken. I think you have said it all in a nutshell.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would agree to the above because as you go up in models you do usually get more bells and whistles like any hobby/sport. But what I did yesterday in my yard in practicing and getting time is set the detector to zero to hit anything. Then when I got a hit and pin pointed it I switched to coin to discriminate you might say to see if it was a coin or junk. It worked and did not alert and I dug to just see..............it was junk (rusty nail) so it does what it should for me. Now your mileage and how you want to use it may vary. I am sure I will be upgrading within the year or next but right now the 350 will get me experience.

Enjoy and go swing that baby when it comes in!

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting, let us know what you find.

zendog64

Mar 31, 2006
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I learned how to MD by borrowing a friend's 250, which was very easy to use. When it came time to buy a detector, I thought "well if the 250 is good, then the 350 must be better". Not quite. Don't get me wrong, the 350 is just as easy to use and the DD coil finds some really deep stuff (even though the depth display only goes to 8 inches, my 350 regularly picks up targets well over 12 inches deep in certain soil). However, my depth indicator is nowhere close to being accurate. Pass a penny an inch under the coil and it will show up as a dime at 6 inches. In coin mode, the 350 finds more bottlecaps than coins. When I'm coin shooting, I find the all-metals mode works best... but then you're limited to hunting out-of-the-way places where there's less junk. The built-in pinpointer is less than worthless.

But there is one really good thing about the 350. The batteries seem to last forever, unlike all the 250s I've used, which all seem to eat batteries like candy. The bottom line is that if I had to choose all over again, I would've gone with the 250 and saved myself a few bucks.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red has the 250 and Wants the 350 With My soon to be 2 Dollar an Hour Pay Raise It will Happen Soon :occasion14: Boss gave me the word today!!! Starting next pay period

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned how to MD by borrowing a friend's 250, which was very easy to use. When it came time to buy a detector, I thought "well if the 250 is good, then the 350 must be better". Not quite. Don't get me wrong, the 350 is just as easy to use and the DD coil finds some really deep stuff (even though the depth display only goes to 8 inches, my 350 regularly picks up targets well over 12 inches deep in certain soil). However, my depth indicator is nowhere close to being accurate. Pass a penny an inch under the coil and it will show up as a dime at 6 inches. In coin mode, the 350 finds more bottlecaps than coins. When I'm coin shooting, I find the all-metals mode works best... but then you're limited to hunting out-of-the-way places where there's less junk. The built-in pinpointer is less than worthless.

But there is one really good thing about the 350. The batteries seem to last forever, unlike all the 250s I've used, which all seem to eat batteries like candy. The bottom line is that if I had to choose all over again, I would've gone with the 250 and saved myself a few bucks.

The 350 has a certain quality to the sound of the tone when you hit a coin. Similar but different then a bottle cap. Also a bottle cap will bounce around on the indicator scale high and low.
You might consider a Euro Pro if bottle caps bother you. It has the iron grunt feature that helps id steel. Very reasonably priced too. Also shows vid #s

zendog64

Mar 31, 2006
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks for the tip, I always thought the difference in tone was due to the way the coin was laying (flat vs. on its side).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread