All Treasure Hunting
Let us know..have fun!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATP will probably false in the house so take it outside. If it still falses, make sure you don't have on the cell phone or have any security fences or electric dog fences turned on. Cut back the sens to where its stable. The newer ones are good but you don't know how long its been sitting on the dealer's shelf. If all is well, good luck.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha. AT Pros don't sit too long anywhere. If there's one area I would be concerned about it's ground balancing. People don't realize the AT series does not null out over iron so if you have any discrimination on you cannot tell if you are over iron. And if you try to ground balance over iron you will lose depth big time. If in doubt, bury a target so it is just on the edge of detection and then ground balance to the best response. This is mainly for salt.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Congrats on two things..................your 9 year anniversary and the AT Pro!

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 9yrs and a wonderful gift!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy anniversary and you will love the pro. As for false signals I was hunting around an electric fence Saturday and it still found wheat cents and oil lamp mast by the fence. I changed freq but it still made noises but I knew what it was and didn't bother me. I found one of the wheats at 8 inches so it didn't affect depth. I'm use to my pro being noisy because I hunt a lot of iron infested sites in pro zero mode with 0 disc. Good luck and when you learn the pro you will love it.

OP
OP
Indianametal

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
Thanks everybody. I love it already. It came around noon yesterday and within 20mins I had it in the yard. I have learned alot from Garretts videos online in the past week now was the test. My yard has been gone over a million times in the last two years of living there. This year, other than a half dollar in the fresh tilled garden,I have been unable to find a coin with the 250. My first solid signal was a nickel, second was two modern pennies. I was thrilled. Next I took it to the creek and found that I got a lot to learn there. Ended up with a bunch of scrap metal bits. This morning I got out for about 45 mins and headed to an old mid 19th cen. Homesite back in the woods. This spot for my 250 was solid iron nothing even jumping over iron. Got to play around with digging trash signals, practised calling what it was before digging. I had a couple neat finds. Silver plated serving spoon, buggy parts, button, part of a lantern and a brass pull knob. Pic below was one i sent to the wife, first four holes.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140619_163722.png
    ForumRunner_20140619_163722.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 93

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad your enjoying your AT...thanks for the pictures. .keep having fun:))

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam going to pay attention to what you do with yours because i just ordered one yesterday.HH

OP
OP
Indianametal

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
Right now i am just going pro zero with zero iron discrimination. When on the nail beds i have raised the iron discrimination to 30 just cause it drives me nuts. Pinpointing is comparable to the 250, i haven't had any luck yet going off the center mark though I have to go off the tip.

HoosierDiggin'

Jun 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointing is comparable to the 250, i haven't had any luck yet going off the center mark though I have to go off the tip.

You aren't the only one. I am approaching 400 hrs use on my ATPro and going off the coil tip, I get my target spot on in the plug everytime. Although easier to pinpoint using center on the 5x8, I still find pinpointing with the tip works best for both coils, especially the larger one. But that just me, gotta do what works best for you. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread