Right To The Point....Found $4,260.00 Worth Of Cocaine + An Old Compact + Loot

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
IMG_0017.JPG

A different day it was.....Picked up my buddy Scott and headed to one of our favorite wooded areas, which sometimes gives up some old coins and relics. I got some coins (oldest 1950 penny), a nice intact old compact and a bag of white powder wrapped in a camo rag, stashed between two saplings beside a log with an empty flattened emptied 2 liter Coke bottle stuffed underneath the log. Ha!......I know tell tale markers of hidden treasures near-by. That bottle wasn't there because of pure laziness on someones part, but there as a marker to locate the nearby treasure wrapped up for easy locating. I wish that I could be a fly on the tree when that person who stashed it discovers that it is missing!

DSC_0076.JPG

Here is that older compact. There are no commercial stampings on it. The area we hunted dates back to the turn of the century. I have no idea as to how old it was.

IMG_0018.JPG

Here is the white Edmonton snow, gold or whatever you want to call it. I did a Google search to see what cocaine is selling for. It of course varies, as to what part of the world you live in. In North America, cocaine sells for about $80.00 a gram to about $140.00 a gram. I rounded it off to about $100.00 a gram for simplicity. I hunted for a couple of more hours, and I must say I was a little nervous about getting busted. How do you convince a Police Officer that ....well....."I Found It." :occasion18:

Anyhow, I caught up with Scott, we did a photo-op of our finds, then drove to the nearest Police Station to hand in my valuable stash, getting nada for my efforts. He repackaged it so it could be destroyed, and I asked him to weigh it, which came out to 46.6 grams.

I told him I figured it was worth a a couple of hundred bucks.....he looked at me and replied, it's worth a little more then that! DUH!:tongue3: Dang, another adventurous day metal detecting. :icon_thumleft:

coke.jpg

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i didnt know you all did that stuff over there,its such a nice looking place over there.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to ask stupid questions...but I must!
What,,,are you going to do with all that coke?
Test it, make sure whatcha got. rat poison looks a lot like coke.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I hate to ask stupid questions...but I must!
What,,,are you going to do with all that coke?
Test it, make sure whatcha got. rat poison looks a lot like coke.

I mentioned in the post that I turned it in at a Police Station. I enjoy life as it is.....the only Coke I do comes in a bottle.

coc.jpg

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other

DigginOhio

Greenie
Jun 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great story! You did the right thing getting rid of that ****, but it really makes you wonder about the circumstances. $4,260.00? Someone might be in a world of **** now. I hope they get help.

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job John! I would have been too chicken to take it with me. I'd have marked the location on a GPS and told the cops to go look for it themselves. lol

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

If I were you, I wouldn't detect in that area again for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time. Whoever lost that much blow will be very pissed, and ready to take it out on anybody they find in the area.

Mike

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job getting that off the streets. That was for more than personal use. I would have done same thing and turned it in. I came across some pot plants before and got out of that location and told farmer who turned it in to sheriff dept. he was mad that someone was planting on his property. I will never have to worry about permission to detect on his land as long as he owns it.

ffx2

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 350
Hmmm seems like I read this exact same thread in another forum

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have left a note, if you are missing something from this location please proceed to xx police station and ask for the lost and found officer.

Personally I would not have moved it but called the police to come and collect it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, If I were you, I wouldn't detect in that area again for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time. Whoever lost that much blow will be very pissed, and ready to take it out on anybody they find in the area. Mike
I agree. Stay away from that area.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I ran into a LOT OF POTS plants in a marsh area on Oct. 1st. in MI. years ago. And I mean a lot of them while tracking a buck deer.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
el padron, that is funny, do you hunt on the same land the Spaniards took from the Indians??? Seems like someone is always taking something..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread