Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody out there have any recommendations on if a AT Gold or just a AT PRO is better for bronze coins or if there is not difference.
I will be going back to Japan and hunt mostly bronze coins and was just thinking they the AT Gold may have a better pick up on the bronze.
Thanks Dave

Attachments

• metal.jpg
    metal.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 144

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both will find bronze the same. ATGolds higher frequency and smaller factory coil will help sniff out the gold a little better.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My at pro hits hard on bronze and low conductors. The gold will hit harder on gold and low conductors. There isn't much diff between the freqs but the gold has the threshold based true all metal mode that will punch a bit deeper. Get a 5x8 coil for the pro and you will have a coin magnet.

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I think I will go with the Pro, even though there is a very small bronze coin here I like to find, I think they both will do the job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread