GARRETT ACE 350 ERRATIC BEHAVIOR

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone - I have just recently purchased a Garrett Ace 350 (Upgrade form the 150). Anyway, when I turn it on sometimes it acts erratically, chiming and the display jumping around. However, it seems to settle down and I can actually hunt, but I do not think this is normal. Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this odd behavior?

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be emi try dropping the sensitivity. Also if its like the at pro try resetting the unit. Push and hold the power button for 5-8 seconds on the atpro it gives two beeps yours might at well. Its worth a shot. Also check and make sure the coil is connected to the unit properly. Gl and HH Jeremy

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmm.. have not had that happen to me. Try resetting the control box, as per the instruction manual. Also, check sensitivity, it might need to be lowered, replace batteries, remove and reapply the coil.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention do the reset with the unit off then push and hold the power button for 5-8 seconds.

OP
OP
d3t3ctr0n

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I have done all that, thank you guys. I work near Garland, I will probably take the unit over to Garrett and let them take a look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread