Sep 4, 2014
Encinitas, CA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found an amazing deal on the Garrett ace 250 metal detector at kellyco detectorsHere., but it seems too good to be true. The prices here are what I found in the google shopping results. The deal is a a Garrett ace 250 meteal detector for $269.95 ... with bonuses. It supposedly comes with the Vulcan 360 pinpointer(being sold at $100-150), the eagle headphones for metal detectors($100 on their own), a multi tool, and about $50-100 worth of other goodies. did I mention the free shipping? Does anyone here have any expirience with kellyco? i ave seen that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Please respond asap because if it is legit...:headbang::hello2::laughing7::occasion18::occasion13::happy1::tchest:...you get the idea

S

stefen

Its my opinion that Kellyco is one of the finest and most reputable businesses around...

And yes, their multi-offer is legit...

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legit..... I live in Orlando and go into Kellyco almost weekly.....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Yup, stand up organization...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
W
Sep 4, 2014
Encinitas, CA
Primary Interest:
would it be more worthwhile to go with the 212 dollar deal without the vulcan and instead go for the garret pro pointer? I have heard that the vulcan is a bit of a chinese piece of crap.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my ace 350 and AT Pro from them... they are the best...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vulcan is a good pinpointer...

OP
OP
W
Sep 4, 2014
Encinitas, CA
Primary Interest:
Thank you guys! I think that if i decide to get a detector, this will be the one. I am interested in detecting as a hobbie, but out of curiosity how much can I expect to make if I detect a popular beach fairly often?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you guys! I think that if i decide to get a detector, this will be the one. I am interested in detecting as a hobbie, but out of curiosity how much can I expect to make if I detect a popular beach fairly often?
Um...that's all over the map! The ace will be good in DRY sand only. If you look at it as "how much will I make" you will get discouraged very quickly. The potential is there for awesome finds but your going to dig your share of pop tops, tent stakes, tin foil and can slaw...good luck!

sent from a potato...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in it for profit you will not like the hobby. You could find a high dollar item in a month or never ever find a high dollar find......Example I have found 9 gold rings with diamonds yet had a hunting partner hunted longer than I have and never found a diamond ring and he was a better hunter than I, he just hadn't been as lucky on diamond rings but found lots of gold. There are just too many variables for every hunter... There is a learning curve when it comes to beach hunting..

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with others. Can't be in this hobby for profit. Yea I've found silver coins, silver rings and a couple gold items but I hunt for the old relics on old sites. I guess if I wanted to find more jewelry I would go to beaches and places where that stuff is dropped or lost. I love this hobby for the history that I bring out of the ground. My best treasure for me so far is a fire dept badge from our township fire dept from late 1800s to very early 1900s. It's value money wise isn't much but after the fair where I display my favorite finds in the newly added metal detecting finds category that I asked them to add I will be donating the badge to that fire dept for their display at the fire house. They are very excited that I'm giving it to them to add to their history. I've talked to a few of the officers and this will be the oldest item in their display. That is why I love this hobby. My wife gets on me from time to time to turn in the bag of silver coins and rings I've found but I may when I go to buy the at gold to go with my pro. I prob have almost enough in clad and silver and gold to do it now but it's hard to let go of my finds. Good luck.

Last edited:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Kodiak said. I hunt with a man who is in his seventies, we hunted his grandparents farm, yes grandparents. And I found a thimble where the back porch of their home used to be, and the thimble had to belong to his grandmother. I cleaned it up, it was gorgeous, I gave it to my digger friend and the look on his face was priceless. That's what I hunt for.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Profit in this hobby! When I think profit I think if you can ever find enough to pay for the detector you are a winner! Kellyco is great BTW. I bought my ACE350 from them and my only complaint is either they or Garrett put batteries in their detectors and it may come to you with corossion on the terminals. Can't understand why anyone leaves batteries in something that will sit on a shelf possibly for a time period.

But other than that Kellyco is A-OK.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Profit in this hobby! When I think profit I think if you can ever find enough to pay for the detector you are a winner! Kellyco is great BTW. I bought my ACE350 from them and my only complaint is either they or Garrett put batteries in their detectors and it may come to you with corossion on the terminals. Can't understand why anyone leaves batteries in something that will sit on a shelf possibly for a time period. But other than that Kellyco is A-OK.
garrett puts batteries in them. I buy my stuff elsewhere and they come with batteries installed. Never had any problems. Normally my batteries get changed enough not to worry about anything. But if the forecast is bad for a few weeks I take them out.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yup, my sons f2 came with the batteries installed upside down.

sent from a potato...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, my sons f2 came with the batteries installed upside down.

sent from a potato...
Installed upside down to save them. I do that on mine sometimes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread