gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All other factors being equal of course.....Thanks..

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never done the sniper coil test although I have one for both of my machines, my 350 actually gets better depth than my ATP, close to an inch on a quarter - stock coils, air test, for what that test is worth.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a few weeks wanting the sniper coil for my AT Pro, but then just decided to stick with the 5x8 after questioning Steve at Garrett. This was his response when I asked his personal opinion on the sniper coil vs the 5x8 coil. I figured if he works for them and didn't necessarily recommend it, then there was probably not much of a reason for me to bother either.

I think it’s preference. If you have the 5x8, you should do pretty good since it’s a DD. That allows you to cut a fine line between targets. The Sniper is concentric and has a slightly wider footprint. It’s narrow width allows you to jam into tighter spots, but I personally stick to the 5x8 and do pretty well with it. Good luck!

Steve Moore
Director, Marketing Communications
Garrett Metal Detectors

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In air test there is not much difference in standard mode vs the ace with the sniper...I have a lot of trouble pinpointing with the AT, and this aint my first rodeo..Went to the soccer field the other day, did good with the AT, but ended up using the ace, and sniper to pull between the trash... Since I already have the Small DD coil, I have talked myself into the sniper, that will give me 3 coils for the AT, and 2 for the Ace....I will let everyone know how it goes...I am also seriously consider the smaller concentric for the AT also...I think it might be easier for me to pinpoint with it.....Thanks for the input everyone, and HH to all...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinpointing w/ the sniper is like putting your finger directly on the target. I am very happy with my 'TREASURE BISCUIT"... However, I found out quick that large patches of property takes forever to cover...and swinging it is kinda strange at first. Waiting to use it in permissions lined up as our rainy season breaks, and the temps get down to the mid 80's:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent a few weeks wanting the sniper coil for my AT Pro, but then just decided to stick with the 5x8 after questioning Steve at Garrett. This was his response when I asked his personal opinion on the sniper coil vs the 5x8 coil. I figured if he works for them and didn't necessarily recommend it, then there was probably not much of a reason for me to bother either.

Great post, I LOVE the 5x8!

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too thought about the "hockey puck" but went with the 5x8 and am glad I did. Absolutely love that coil. It never comes off my machine.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the 5x8, stick with it......if you have the money for the little coil, add a few bucks and buy a compadre with the 5 inch coil. My son has one and it works great in park trash and loves small gold. Just my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread