AT PRO triple beeps,

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the pro and i only hunt saltwater beaches and the shallows, the problem i have is that in dry sand if a coin is less than 2 inches the machine triple beeps the vdi doesnt change in numbers, if its a trash target less than 2 inches its a single beep, i tried reset several times. settings are pro mode zero discrim 35, default sens. but it will happen in any mode any setting , i called garret and showed them a video they said its normal to do that ,its just getting feed back from coil to coin, thats bs in my opinion my first year having the machine it did not do that. does any one have this problem?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What does it do if they are deeper than 2 inches?

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine seems to do some strange things also....Perhaps it will just take me a while to get used to it..Good luck.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had that happen on occasion...depending on the beach I am at. Usually I just kick the sand and see what the object is. No big deal. Salt, sand and other combinations can make most detectors act a little strange. I think the ATPRO is great at finding coins in the sand... I have followed other beach hunters tracks and found light high tone dimes they missed. Also sensitive to the small gold that other machines can not hit.

Digging in the sand is easy and I usually inspect all items that hit above 40 on the same settings you are using. Remember that some gold will hit at 41-42.

I enjoy the beach hunting and the fact that I am at the beach about the same... plus the eye candy never fails to amaze. :headbang:

OP
OP
L

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i raise the coil over a service coin to 4 inches it a single beep how it should be ,, i rarely find any coins deeper than 4 inches , soda cans yea 12 inches deep . but just not finding deeper good targets

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If your coil beeps 3 x on good targets, don't repair it.:icon_scratch: Leave the double bleeps in the ground. But on a serious note, raise the coil a bit to properly ID it. A coin not orientated to the coil horizontally can give double bleeps, which would be more common in sand then other locations.

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if i raise the coil over a service coin to 4 inches it a single beep how it should be ,, i rarely find any coins deeper than 4 inches , soda cans yea 12 inches deep . but just not finding deeper good targets

I had similar experiences AFTER hunting on beaches:

If you have a coil cover - Remove it and flush any sand and salt out. This helped me.

Other times I found that thr reason for Triple Beeps wre due to a very tiny barely visually detectable piece of metal wire, rusted nail head or "hot rocks" next to two other different metallic targets.

Yes, HOT ROCKS. Rocks or grains of sand that actually set off both the detector and the pinpointer. I saved a few because I wanted to smash them open to find out what the heck may be inside. By the way, I found them at the shore 10" down from 1/16 " in diameter to 2" in diameter. If grains get under the coil cover; the detector will act strange.

Beach hunting is strange to me because there were times I got a signal that blasted my ears off and after digging - NOTHING - not a trace of anything - I rechecked and no more signal - whatever caused it, disappeared once exposed to the sun? I don't know. It happened more than once.

Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions