Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Are there any key dates in the bunch?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great find for your buddy!... if it were my boy, I'd be straight w/ him, and explain that karma in this hobby is important, and he should split his finds with his very best friend hunting buddy kindred spirit.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^^^ What he said!!!

OP
OP
roger b

roger b

Feb 16, 2013
No key dates . But a nice pile if $$$

Minelab Etrac , AT pro, Whites DFX

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I'm still waiting to find my jar of old coins. So far I've only found the kids lol but every time I dig a lid I pas detector back over hole with fingers crossed lol. Congrats to your buddy.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's an exciting find amigo!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an awesome find. That's a really nice pile of silver.
I guess we all hope to find a cache like that.

I actually buried coins in a metal "treasure chest" when I was a kid but I eventually dug them up and spent the money on candy, soda and junk.
I wish I had realized what I was doing when I spent silver coins as a kid. There were still lots of them floating around in the 60's and early 70's.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome find. That's a really nice pile of silver. I guess we all hope to find a cache like that. I actually buried coins in a metal "treasure chest" when I was a kid but I eventually dug them up and spent the money on candy, soda and junk. I wish I had realized what I was doing when I spent silver coins as a kid. There were still lots of them floating around in the 60's and early 70's.
i buried a metal box with coins and match box cars when I was a kid and I know one of the coins was a silver half or dollar but my parents sold that property years ago. I tried finding it when I was a teen but couldn't remember exactly where I buried it. I didn't have a detector then. I haven't had the nerve to ask current owner if I can hunt the property yet. He knows I grew up there till I left for army and I never lived there again. He may be a little suspicious if I asked to hunt it since he knows I grew up there and I don't feel like giving him half or any of the coins or cars. I buried it when I was in elementary school and the silver half or dollar was given to me by my grandfather. Some day I will hunt for it. I just need to ask. No one but my father knows I buried it because I told him a few years ago and I know he didn't tell anyone. I'm sure it's still there under the old grape harbor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread