Pro Pointer acting up

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Call Garrett at 1 800 527 4011. They will look after you.Have you tried a different make of 9 volt battery? They are not all the same length. The difference is enough to sometomes cause problems. Some companies produce 9 volt batterys at a discount, while at the same time building slightly thinner cells inside to compensate. Cheaper is not always better. Try inserting a small piece of kleenex, about 1/4" x 1/4" size about 1//16" to 1/8" thick between the screw cap and bottom of battery, so it makes better contact. That often solves a lot of problems with the Pro Pointer. Good luck!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks John, Only use Duracell, and am aware of the end cap problem, seems to have a mind of its own, I'm sure its in the switch, sometimes it will work fine if I press the switch 5-6 times. If it comes on and I leave it on it works fine!!!
Call Garrett at 1 800 527 4011. They will look after you.Have you tried a different make of 9 volt battery? They are not all the same length. The difference is enough to sometomes cause problems. Some companies produce 9 volt batterys at a discount, while at the same time building slightly thinner cells inside to compensate. Cheaper is not always better. Try inserting a small piece of kleenex, about 1/4" x 1/4" size about 1//16" to 1/8" thick between the screw cap and bottom of battery, so it makes better contact. That often solves a lot of problems with the Pro Pointer. Good luck!

Pa_Dirtfisher

Sep 28, 2014
Mercer County
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Safari. Whites TRX pin pointer and Deteknix pin pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was doing the same thing with the switch, I just ordered a new switch online and put it in and it seemed to solve the problem. You might want to try to take the rubber switch cap off and spray the switch with some contact cleaner which you should be able to get at any radioshack. That might fix the problem too.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rubber on-off switch on my Propointer is looking pretty bad... can I just order a replacement rubber cap from Garrett?

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had similar problems and seemed to stop the buzzing in the air etc. by stuffing a couple of wide rubber bands in the cover. JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions