Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2014
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I have had my new AT PRO for a couple weeks now (new to me, anyway). I have found a handful of wheat pennies and a nice 1906 indian head in my yard along with about 10,000 lbs of trash so far. I have also been detecting along the river here where the floaters park and have come home with a few dollars of modern coins so far. I feel like I am starting to get the hang of things! The biggest problem here in NW Arkansas is the dirt is like concrete! I did find an interesting little knife yesterday in the sandbar at about 10". I don't think it is terribly old, but its interesting. Anybody have any idea when these were made?
IMG_0462.JPG

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TN!
The AT Pro is an excellent detector! You will have a great time with it.
I'm not sure the age of the knife but cool find! It does look like it's been lost
for awhile.
Best of luck!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. The AT pro is certainly a good machine which appears you are finding out!!LOL.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your detecting a river where people tube you will find gold and silver jewelry...hunt the high traffic areas and places where they gang up...good luck and cool knife find...looks old to me.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Keep digging and learning the machine. I would say without a doubt the ATPro is by far the best machine I have dug 10,000 lbs of trash. All kidding aside this machine has brought me some of my best finds to date. Furthermore it pulled those finds in areas I hit hard with my other dectectors. Enjoy!

OP
OP
N

NWARKHUNTER

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2014
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. I will keep at it for sure. We have a couple of pre 1900 log cabins (whats left of them) on our property that I need to get out and check, of course the river, and right on the edge of our place the remains of an old grist mill, so I have enough stuff to keep me busy for a while I think. Keeping my fingers crossed for some cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread