AT Gold

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First of all ; I bought my ATP 7 months ago and am over all very happy with my decision. But here lately I'm having to work harder and still missing relic targets to a friend of mine ( he does have a yr more experence than I )that uses a MXT.
My guestion is if I was to buy a AT Gold would I be able to pick up the ghost targets (variations in the threshold signal) that he is having so much success with.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Good question i will like to see the answers to that question..

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt it. The AT Gold is a higher frequency machine to detect smaller gold and jewelry a little better than the Pro. The Whites machines will go pretty deep on the relics also. What are the relics your looking for made of?

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's found 5 bullets that I missed and 2 buttons.. Some of it I know is experence but still would like to improve my odds
A few of the targets he has recieved no signal whatsoever Just the variation of his threshold hum..told him of the target..Thats something I cant do. would like to even the playing field.lol

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT gold will ABSOLUTELY find those deep bullets, etc that the pro is missing. Just slap your big coil from your pro on it and run it in all metal. It is super deep and hits lead hard as lead and golds conductivity are in the same range. My buddies etrac would either read these bullets as nails or not at all in my tuff VA soil. I love the gold for relics.....its a sleeper machine!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found several small teardrop pistol bullets at 8 inches in bad ground. And 3 ringers around 10 inches.....and I have just started using the gold. It has reopened all my old sites.

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will the ATP coil work on a ATGold??? ATP is 15 khtz and ATGold is 18? right?

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One last question... Are Nel coils interchangeable also?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Gold will hit the low conductors better. I try to hunt in All Metal mode and just glance at the ID number. Those quick blips that sound like they speed up are what I go after. The meter will read lower on the deep targets so keep that in mind. No question the All Metal is deeper. Depending on the soil mineralization this could be large.

A bigger coil should help with depth on the Pro, but I wouldn't over-do it for a couple of reasons. First is a large coil cannot filter out the ground as well, and secondly they are going to be heavy. If you go that route, shorten the shaft a couple notches and hold the handle near the top. This will help with the balance of a large coil.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and the at gold is def deeper than the pro. I just got the nel tornado for the gold yesterday and air tested. It's deeper than both at coils. I haven't tested in field yet since weather is crap rite now. I'm glad I bought the gold after using the pro for a year and a half. You will find targets that the pro won't hit when you set up in all metal mode. I'm sure the nel coil is going to be deep but mostly got for open less trashy areas.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and the at gold is def deeper than the pro. I just got the nel tornado for the gold yesterday and air tested. It's deeper than both at coils. I haven't tested in field yet since weather is crap rite now. I'm glad I bought the gold after using the pro for a year and a half. You will find targets that the pro won't hit when you set up in all metal mode. I'm sure the nel coil is going to be deep but mostly got for open less trashy areas.

Let us know what you think of that NEL coil after a little use.....and is there any weight difference compared to the factory coils?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will and yes it's heavier than the stock at pro coil. It's not unmanageable but I'm sure it will wear your arm out on a long hunt. I bought a detecting buddy harness just in case when I do get out with this coil.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better bring a sharp shovel. I like the looks of those narrow ones with the "T" handle. You're gonna need it with All Metal--gonna be a killer. You might have to turn down the sensitivity in rough ground, but it will make very little difference on good solid-sounding targets. Pinpointer may come in real handy.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the Sampson and a pro pointer. I'm ready lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have both the AT Pro and AT Gold. The Gold is deeper and with the all metal mode and threshold it is a killer relic hunter. I have found some very deep items by hearing only a slight variation in the threshold. This machine does take a little practice, but with time you will find many more artifacts.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
while we are on the subject....AT gold is on my short list for next detector....My question is,are the tones the same on the gold as they are on the pro

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the gold....the mid-high tone break is the same as pro. But the mid-low tone break is adjustable for user preference. This is referring to the disc. Mode ofcourse.

darmentle

Jul 7, 2014
Redding
Detector(s) used
ForsGold+ ,Garrett AT Pro,Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the AT pro been using for 6 months now works good. I Just found that i rather prospect more with it so i wish that would of went with the gold model instead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread