Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ATP doesn't make a sound. Well it makes a click and that's it, no numbers, even in All Metal. If chain has a clasp it barely picks up on that. The Tiger Shark picks the same chain up. but that's different. Those thin chains have no weight, but fun to find anyway.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a .925 ankle bracelet at Myrtle Beach in about a foot of water. It gave a broken low signal with a higher tone on a couple swings so I scooped it. It fell through the scoop a few times so in figured it was another piece of small iron but it finally hung over the end of the scoop.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver bracelets are easy to find. I have found two with my ATP, and they were broken up high tones (upper 60s - 80) as you would expect to see with garbage, like a flattened can, yet they pinpoint like a smaller object versus a can.

I have never found a gold chain. I have done some tests using my girlfriend's gold necklaces. They all tend to be in the iron range. Her biggest 14k gold chain would read a broken up 38-40ish when wadded up into a ball shape. I find a lot of pieces of foil and bit of iron in that range.

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
Those that I've found are between 38&46 and a scratchy signal (not loud or very solid)

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just curious of your techniques in digging potential chains with your AT Pro. Are you listening for a particular sound or chatter? Are you looking for a particular vdi?

I did this video with tones and VDI's it may help

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Your AT pro sounds different than mine and your tones are basically the same tone between 40's and 60's. Mine rings up higher silver tones from 50 and up and low foil tones 49-40 and iron tones 39-0.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently dug a broken Silver Chain, it read in the 53-54 area. And it wasnt all balled up, it was spread out. Ive also dug a Silver bracelet that was dead on 60..Never found a Gold chain or braclet...Im sure it will be much lower thou.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The chains I have found give a good tone but with "chips" in it and the VDI jumps around. Unfortunately - very much like aluminum foil or the old gum wrapper foils.

If they are laid out long you get a "pip" at either end.

A detector that gives an analog tone rather than an alarm tone would certainly be a help. But if you're wanting chains you'll likely also be digging trash.

HAven't found one of those Ice Biggy Dawg chains so I don't know what they would read. I imagine overload siren.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found 8 silver chains and one gold chain...The silver chains came in as solid mid tones, except for a 92 gram beast that was a solid high tone...the gold chain was a 4.2 gram, 20 inch Figaro and it was a weak mid tone that read 41.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your AT pro sounds different than mine and your tones are basically the same tone between 40's and 60's. Mine rings up higher silver tones from 50 and up and low foil tones 49-40 and iron tones 39-0.
Your high tone should start at around 74...something isn't right with your AT pro...low tone 0 to 37...mid tone 38 to 73...high tone 74 to 99.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Standard mode sounds different than pro mode but the numbers come in almost the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions