2 gold this week!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Out at the beach digging in the wet sand ripple troughs. The south winds lately have givin lots of shore to hunt on.

image-287388872.jpg

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty rings! Looks like they were fresh drops.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Could be, but I hunt fresh water lakes here in Canada so most gold and silver come out looking like they were just lost.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what did they ring up at. ( no pun intended ) lol

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Lol. The platinum and gold was ringing up steady 48-49 on my AT. And the woman's thin 10k with the topaz stone was ringing up low 90's at first b4 I dug and was deep. After about 4 scoops I got it out of the hole and then it was ringing up 46-47. I've noticed when hunting at the beach in wet sand, targets ring up a certain # at first and then once out of the hole are different signal and VDI #. This is why I dig everything at the beach with no discrimination on my AT pro. Gold is mixed with other metal alloys and if you discriminate you may discriminate out those alloys costing you to miss gold targets. I used to run the AT with Iron audio on and at 35 disc. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't finding any gold. This yr since spring I've run it wide open and have found 7 gold rings. You have to run your detector wide open letting it pick up all metal. Gold doesn't always sound clean and crisp when it's in the ground. The other metals mixed with the gold and the ground conditions will make gold register all over your detector, but once it's out and next to your coil it will ring up a steady VDI #.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Excellent finds! Nice crisp, clear photos too.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks John! Nice to read your posts, as always you have great stuff and stories posted!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice , that is the kind of finds that make us keep on swinging that detector...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds keep them coming gives us hope that we will find the gold.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant wait to show my gold........someday:laughing7:congrats to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread