Atp nel hunters?

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine was shipped today. I should have it early next week.
I'm using my stock coil all this weekend in a designated area that I plan to hunt over with my Hunter.
We will see...

OP
OP
tymber79

tymber79

Jan 9, 2014
Keep me posted goose. My 5x8 shipped today. I'll let ya know too.

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion the hunter is an awesome coil. I use to run the 5x8 all the time. I loved the balance this coil gave. Plus it was close to the depth of the stock coil with great seperation.
With the nel this performance gap widens. Slightly more depth, along with a more depth capable vdi read out. For me i really notice the improved proportional audio. There almost seems to be more accurate volume levels. Or a wider range of volume, from loud surface finds to deep whispers. Making it easier to identify depth by sound. Important when the old coins may be a few inches deeper than those darn modern coins.

I have just started using the hunter again. As I had some back issues and could only swing the small coil the last month. I forgot how different it is. In a good way

My bottom line, get the nel. It has enough performance gap from the 5x8 to compliment it well. I now how two very useful coils. Dependant on the task. If I could only have one? I'd take the nel...

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Keep me posted goose. My 5x8 shipped today. I'll let ya know too.
Yeah, I sure will.
I'm going to this area nearby that ran a small creek once upon a time but it's now a dry creek.
My plan is to bury a coin 8" deep and run an air test before I cover the hole, and go back and scan it again with my NEL Hunter coil as soon as it arrives.
I haven't taken samples of the area, but it looks to be just soft clean dirt, but won't know for sure until I check it out Sunday, weather permitting.

Edit: The coin I'm going to use it's a Canadian Quarter

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread