This Might Be My Last Day Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0703.JPG

This could be my last hunt in the dirt. We have some white mold on the way! :(

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy this evening. Light snow beginning overnight. Low minus 3.

Saturday
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. High zero.

Saturday night
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Snow beginning near midnight. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming east 20 km/h before morning. Low minus 8.

Sunday
Periods of snow. High minus 8.

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've gotta hurry. Around here we will have a nice weekend, but freezing temperatures for the day high are forecast on Tuesday. Downhill from then on...

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I've gotta hurry. Around here we will have a nice weekend, but freezing temperatures for the day high are forecast on Tuesday. Downhill from then on...

And downhill means snow hunting on tobogganing hills..... rofl.gif

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THATS SAD... In Oregon where I live you can dig year round. You have to dig in the rain at times but can get out year round... I would hate only having a part of the year to hunt

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THATS SAD... In Oregon where I live you can dig year round. You have to dig in the rain at times but can get out year round... I would hate only having a part of the year to hunt

I does indeed present a different set of challenges. I go until the ground is too hard to get a shovel into. This year, Wifey and I are planning a trip somewhere south. At least I can get a little hunting in, and there is of course, the planning and anticipation that goes along with it.

I also have some guns to rebuild. I want to rebuild my tractor. I have a go kart that I want to rebuild for my grandson. I have a lot to do, so winter will go quickly. Thing is, the more I can do this winter, the more I can justify spending lots of time hunting in the spring/summer/fall.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in NW Ohio I hit the the woods and chisel plowed fields when they aren't covered in snow. Just got to dress warm. Its really flat here so the wind is a factor in winter and can get frostbite real easy if there isn't a wind break of some sort. I'm not looking forward to the white stuff but it will come when it comes.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lack of daylight and nasty weather have shut down my detecting for a while as well. I have home remodeling projects that are falling behind so I really need to dedicate time to those.

Last year I spent NYE day chiseling out clad from the frozen sand at a local beach :thumbsup: I'm going to try night detecting some local parks once the weather improves. I've detected in the rain but never at night....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread