Garrett customer service......second to none!!!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called today to get rna number, to get my pro-pointer fixed. Talked to Rusty, he checked the serial number, and said the warranty expired less than 30 days ago, but send it, they should still take care of it for me. Just the switch, and they took care of it before, glad I have another one!!! These guys rock!!! Getting near the end, here in Michigan anyway...................thinking Spring already!!:laughing7:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great company. Always put customers first and that is why they will always do well. Let alone the great products they sell.

dirtdog616

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hear hear. I have had similar experiences with them. They repaired my gti 2500 at no charge. New board, coil and battery holders. Hell, they even through in new batteries and return shipping. It was long past the warranty. Garrett Metal Detectors has a customer for life!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome glad to hear that there is acompany out there that stands by their product and customers.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is a great company, and Rusty is a great representative for them. :) Glad to hear that they took care of you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last time I sent them something, from Michigan to Texas, fixed it and had it back in less than 10 days!!!! As far as Rusty, a gentleman and a scholar

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Garrett customer "ROCKS" :headbang:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think my buddy with his ACE 250 will agree with you..

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There will be those who don't like Garrett, products..................but every manufacture should follow their lead, on how to treat people. Sorry for your friend Keppy, give Rusty a chance to make it right

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy tell the whole story now. It was a second hand used ace 250 bought off Craigslist out of warranty.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy tell the whole story now. It was a second hand used ace 250 bought off Craigslist out of warranty.
I did tell the whole story it was a used ace250 bought off craigslist from a a$$ hole …. And i told him when he told me he was going to buy it … Never buy a low end detector used for if it needs repairs your screwed..But he did not listen to me … He is trying to contact who he bought it from but so far no luck …..

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called on the 4th, mailed out on the 5th, from Michigan, this is the two year old well used, many hours in the dirt, 1 month, out of warranty pro-pointer I got back on the 16th 102_8444.JPG 102_8445.JPG ......................no charge, just the $3.40 to ship it to them.....................Yes they rock!!!! again:hello2:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called today to get rna number, to get my pro-pointer fixed. Talked to Rusty, he checked the serial number, and said the warranty expired less than 30 days ago, but send it, they should still take care of it for me. Just the switch, and they took care of it before, glad I have another one!!! These guys rock!!! Getting near the end, here in Michigan anyway...................thinking Spring already!!:laughing7:

Garrett Metal Detectors is second to none on service! Congrats!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called on the 4th, mailed out on the 5th, from Michigan, this is the two year old well used, many hours in the dirt, 1 month, out of warranty pro-pointer I got back on the 16th View attachment 1093010 View attachment 1093011 ......................no charge, just the $3.40 to ship it to them.....................Yes they rock!!!! again:hello2:

Trust me, the one I sent for a new switch, looked nothing like this!!!! I forgot it had yellow paint " Garrett"...........end cap, has same numbers, that's about it.................unbelivable

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow my pro pointer on off switch is acting up a bit but I don't treat it like I should. I don't dunk it in water but it gets a mud bath on a regular basis. I'd be willing to pay to have button fixed. The warranty isn't up till July so I have some time yet. Might give them a call and see if they can fix it before it get worse.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow my pro pointer on off switch is acting up a bit but I don't treat it like I should. I don't dunk it in water but it gets a mud bath on a regular basis. I'd be willing to pay to have button fixed. The warranty isn't up till July so I have some time yet. Might give them a call and see if they can fix it before it get worse.
I

I used it a lot, never dunked it.....lots of wet, muddy hands, tape over speaker slots, vet wrap over on off switch, cant imagine how many times that button has been pushed in two years...............call and get a rna, .send it in, They are fast!!! Now my original is newer than my back-up!! Wont cost you a dime

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of times they actually replaces the outside unit...My switch gets jacked up about ever 8 months or so...I have 3 pinpointers now. But the switch is always first to go. And I do get mine wet and muddy to the point I have to rinse it off in the sink and use canned air to dry it out.

They will actually send you extra rubber buttons if you ask them too. My rubber part gets worn out so quick that i had to use electrical tape on the fly before to make it work

Gath

Dec 20, 2014
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my first experience calling them today and I couldn't believe the service! I called at 10:56 am and had a real person answer the phone! I explained the reason for my call and she told me that the people I needed to talk with were busy and asked if I would like to leave a voice mail for them. I agreed to leave a message but at that point I figured I would never hear back from anyone and would have to call in again at a later time. To my surprise I received a call back less than an hour later and talked with Rusty about my problem. He had the answer for me immediate and also answered a few other questions that came to mind while I was speaking with him. Hands down the best customer service! Thank you Garrett and Rusty for easing my mind!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions