Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted on here a couple of days ago about my buddy that wanted help on the Ace he got used .. So he called garrett said he got a woman with broken english that he could hardly under stand ….. He is really PO he said that after buying Garrett detectors all his life on that used $100.00 Ace he bought .. Garrett wants $40.00 to look at it plus parts plus for him to pay return shipping .. He said he might as well bought a new one .. after all there charges … I told him when you buy a lower cost detector used that is what happened at times …. You should just buy new on a lower price detector …. I do not know if he will get it repaired or not i think he might be done with Garrett after all these years

What is wrong with his detector? $40 sounds about right for a repair shop to spend an hour to inspect and diagnose a metal detector that is out of warranty.

Did the detector not work right when he bought it used? If that is the case, he should be mad at the seller, not Garrett.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The GTI 1500 Was sent in once for a problem with the notch not working, got it back an it would ID a Quarter as a penny. Sent it in again to get that fixed and then it didn't always want to power on.

First ATP wouldn't stop beeping when out in the boonies and no cell phone. Sent it back and they replaced the whole unit which I thought it was nice of them. When inspecting it I found one pin on the coil was broken. Knew they would say I did it and was going to just order the smaller coil when a good friend bought me a new AT Pro. Which seems to work as it should but I have lost all confidence in it. I might take her out again.

Cooper, yes I do drive a Chevy having bad luck with Fords. Best car was a VW GTI R-32 but the insurance was $$$ an so were the speeding tickets.:laughing7:
Yes Sandman nothing wrong with Chevy's.. I even drive chevys..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did he tell them when he sent it in...I know anytime i have had any sort of issues, they were always on top of it

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Garrett to order new battery holders for my 6 year old detector. Got a very nice woman who answered all my questions professionally and then told me that she would ship out 2 battery holders at no charge.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to remember there is always …. 3 sides to every story some times 4 or 5… As you can see here

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What did he tell them when he sent it in...I know anytime i have had any sort of issues, they were always on top of it
He did not send it in yet it still works good it is just that to get it to turn on…. He has to push the on button about 7 to 12 times before it turns on …… Knowing him he will just go detecting at the park and the first young kid that shows interest he will say watch this …. Then he will show the kid how you have to turn it on …. Then give it to the kid … he does things like that...

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lady with the broken English is Hilda. She has been there for a long time and I have dealt with her a few times over the years and found her to be very polite and professional. When I ordered my AT Pro from Garrett she personally picked it out of stock and took it to the shipping dept. to make sure it was shipped out that same day.
If your friend ever buys a new Garrett he can be confident that they will treat him right. As a matter of fact your friend can trade in the non working Ace and save 40% of a new detector. Of course that is 40% off retail but he should still come out ahead.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my AT Pro used and had an issue with it (PP). Called in, it was still under warranty. All fixed and like new within 10 days. If your buddy's AT Pro was out of warranty, what did he expect? Rubber biscuits?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought my AT Pro used and had an issue with it (PP). Called in, it was still under warranty. All fixed and like new within 10 days. If your buddy's AT Pro was out of warranty, what did he expect? Rubber biscuits?
Yes very funny .. What do you expect ??????

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what to say about all this I just sent my 10 year old 1350 in and they said it would be $ 40.00 + parts and that included return shipping As far as service goes sent an old whites classic id in for repairs White's replaced the control housing switches and knobs and they charged $ 0.00 and sent it back free shipping :dontknow:

gselestow

Greenie
Jul 8, 2014
I just sent in my AT Pro. Out of warranty repairs. Some of which I accidentally broke myself. Also sent them my pin pointer. They fixed everything at no cost. Looks like they even sent me new equipment. Couldn't believe how good my experience was. I exchanged emails with one of their customer service reps By the name of Rusty. He treated me very well and kept me in the loop the whole time.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just sent in my AT Pro. Out of warranty repairs. Some of which I accidentally broke myself. Also sent them my pin pointer. They fixed everything at no cost. Looks like they even sent me new equipment. Couldn't believe how good my experience was. I exchanged emails with one of their customer service reps By the name of Rusty. He treated me very well and kept me in the loop the whole time.

You will be pleased to know that what they did for you is the norm, for their customer service!!!! Rusty took care of my problem as well...........first class all the way...........Merry christmas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread