250 or 350

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 comes stock with the larger DD coil which is better at separating targets and works better in trashy spots also better in more mineralized soil. The 350 has more notch disc also. The 350 gets pretty good depth and both machines are coin killers. I would go with the 350 for the better coil in my opinion. I've found old deep silver with the 350 and plenty of great relics. Good luck on your choice.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 350 comes stock with the larger DD coil which is better at separating targets and works better in trashy spots. The 350 has more notch disc also. The 359 gets pretty good depth and both machine are coin killers. I would go with the 350 for the better coil in my opinion. I've found old deep silver with the 350 and plenty of great relics. Good luck on your choice.

I was gonna say that:laughing7:, besides, I think having a 350 is cooler than a 250

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I agree and I was editing when you responded to fix the 359 to 350 lol.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I am with Kodiak on this one. Get the ACE 350.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
The 250 Is better for coin hunting and the 350 is better for relics hunting. Don't be fooled by the high number and higher price meaning its overall better, they are 2 different things. If you are wanting to primary hunt coins get the 250 probably a nice used one and get a double d coil after you get a pinpointer. If you are wanting to hunt relics buy the 350 . Here is the reasonings.

Both machines have 12 sections of ID/discrimination. The 350 has 4 segments for iron where the 250 only has one. That is the reason the 350 is better for relics because you have better discrimination of targets containing iron.

The 250 has 7 segments IDed as different possible coins. Where the 350 only has 5 dedicated to coins. And only

Just think about it like this. They both detect the same way they just divide the 12 segments of ID 2 different ways. 250 bunching all the iron together and better dividing higher conductive targets such as coins while the 350 divides iron targets better but combining some of the higher conductive targets together. So you should decide which machine you want based on what you want to hunt the most

View attachment 1067985

View attachment 1067986

The DD coil is nicer then the standard coil on the 250. I have two DD coils for mine but don't make that the deciding factor because you can always change that but you can't change the ID patterns. I got my DD coil used from a dealer here for around $80 so not that big of a deal.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
garrett_ace_350_panel.gif

1139070_ace_250_control_panel_lg.jpg

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron can mask a good target so the 350 gives you more options on disc when in iron infested sites. If you buy 250 then you are going to want the DD coil which will be more money so you will have spent as much if you would have bought 350 anyway. I wouldn't recommend buying a used unless you know person or can test it. The 350 loves coins and silver I have the finds to prove it. I use the pro and gold now but had fun with the 350. The 250 is a good machine also but is better with the DD coil. I will tell you whatever you buy you will end up wanting to upgrade soon if you like this hobby. Good luck.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can't afford an AT, so i assume my options are either the 250 or 350. can anyone offer some brief advice/experience with the two to help me decide? thank you for taking the time to view.

Yeah I got the Ace 250 a few years back because it was my price range then the 350 came out and now I got the AT Pro. I'd say go with the 350 also then eventually you will find a way to upgrade lol.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a gently used AT Pro (under warranty if possible). You can find them for about the price of a new Ace 350.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that this thread is older, but I stumbled onto something last night that I have not found on any dealer's websites. If you go to Holland Brooks Detectors, they have a side by side comparison tool. They are not TNET sponsers and I think you can get better prices out there with the dealers on TNET.

Personally, I would spend more and get an AT Gold or AT Pro. You get ground balance and a waterproof package and a few more things that are probably slightly less important. To me it is worth spending a few hundred more to do so, or find one used for about $500.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i have seen used AT Pros for $400.00 to $450.00… Used AT's do not bring much check around..

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have seen used AT Pros for $400.00 to $450.00… Used AT's do not bring much check around..

Lol you are sounding more and more like sandman with every post. I like sandman and have nothing against you either but original post was about ace 350 vs 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread