Problem with the AT PRO VDI window..

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else have this problem? I've had my AT PRO for about 8 months, about a month ago i noticed a line going across the middle of the screen. It looks like its on the inside and seems to get wider outside in the colder weather. Is this something to worry about, should i send it back? It's a little hard to see in the picture.... Screenshot_2014-12-09-12-04-43.png

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea call Garrett and send it back it will cost you shipping but they will fix you up and send it back free. You only pay shipping to them. I wouldn't like that and mine has never done that. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will do, it's something i can live with but i'm afraid it's gonna get worse. It's getting pretty cold in Philly so i guess now's a good time to send it.......
Yea call Garrett and send it back it will cost you shipping but they will fix you up and send it back free. You only pay shipping to them. I wouldn't like that and mine has never done that. Good luck.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, just had mine sent in my AT Pro for an intermittent PinPoint button. They not only replaced the main board with the latest version, they also found my coil to be defective and replaced it as well. Basically a new machine in the original shell (also resealed and checked). All in 10 days.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I've seen a few that has happened to. Mine has done the same thing. It's been like this for a while now. My warranty has run out though. Doesn't seem to affect it at all. I thought it was water at first but it looks like the screen has separated apart looking like a bubble.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone else have this problem? I've had my AT PRO for about 8 months, about a month ago i noticed a line going across the middle of the screen. It looks like its on the inside and seems to get wider outside in the colder weather. Is this something to worry about, should i send it back? It's a little hard to see in the picture....

Hey PhillyMike68,
Mine did it the last year when I bought it and we had a cold snap, I had left it in my car. I called Garrett and they said there was a problem with the cold and all the screens they made in that batch. Let them know and they will send you a new one and tell you how to replace it. It's easy. Or you can send it back and they will do it. And IrishGoldHound - Warranty or no - this one is covered. Get a new one.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Ok so here's the problem with the AT Pros and the moisture bubble behind the screen. Garrett says that this is caused from the detector exposed to hot and cold temps causing condensation to build up between the screen and the top plate decal/face plate. Garrett says it cannot leak through the control panel water proof housing and it's just between the two decals. They will send you a new top decal to fix this problem.

image-2819373047.jpg

JoeDiggs

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2013
West Central,Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, At pro , ,Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine picked up the line on the display in the summer after the unit was submerged and started out looking like moisture and is now just the line.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah it's not a big deal if you don't mind looking at a line across your VDI, I wouldn't worry about it. I'll wait and see if mine gets any worse then I'll change the top screen

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has that same line too...its so thin, I don't notice it anymore, unless I look for it.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup. Mine also. Second time. May swing by Garrett and get a decal. Or not. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread