FirstPost, First Dig Results

Lynn225

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First post, first

I recently picked up an ACE 350. Sunday was the first time I had it out.

The last time I used a MD was in the 70's. I used to go relic hunting with a Whites, made some good finds. So I have some experience...

The 350 is easy to use. The video said to dig everything for the first 10 hours of use... well I didn't need that kind of time. I set it on jewelry, sensitivity at 4 or 5, and started into my backyard. I really like the different tones, and the discrimination. So much better than the old units (Discrimination and ground balance was fairly new when I did this last). I avoided a lot of iron junk. It will take some getting used to, but my learning curve will be steep.

So in less than two hours I made a few finds. These are the items I found, in order of finding. I learned what small aluminum sounds like... and I learned what big, deep aluminum sounds like! Then I hit some coin tones, the best was the 1860 large cent!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the Forum dude!I hunted in the 70's....come a long way haven't they.:laughing7:

You just wait to see what shows up under that coil!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilcome.PNG

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the t-net forums.
An 1860 large cent on the maiden voyage wow, way to go!

dougj7

Dec 3, 2009
Ulster Co. NY
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good first hunt with your Ace 350. Check the date on the large cent again, the last year minted was 1857.

OP
OP
L

Lynn225

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good first hunt with your Ace 350. Check the date on the large cent again, the last year minted was 1857.

I'll check again. I have it soaking in olive oil at the moment. Thanks for the info!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first hunt with the 350. It's a fun machine and loves coins and relics. A large cent in your yard is a great find. That yard is going to be a nice place to hunt. Good luck.

OP
OP
L

Lynn225

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some oiling and gentle cleaning, the date looks like 1850 or 1856

There is a lot of iron in my yard that I passed up. I'm in no hurry to dig a bunch of rusty nails ;)
I know where there are some old foundations in the woods... :D

Thanks for the info and encouragement fellas! :coffee2:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net and congrats on the finds. You will have lots of coin finds with that ace 350 they are a coin finding maching. Thanks for sharing.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow a LC! Congrats on that!

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds!

The video said to dig everything for the first 10 hours of use...

I use the big brother to the 350, the AT Pro, and still dig most good targets. The trick is being fast and efficient at digging the object, all while not making a mess or damaging what you are trying to retrieve. Sometimes I'll dig upwards of 50-60 targets in an hour, and you can walk behind me and not see any trace that I was ever there other than a footprint or two.

Good to see you are removing trash too. Many times that trash will mask out other nearby targets. Some of my best and oldest finds have been deep targets with nails and other trash in close proximity, so they gave off a iffy signal without a repeatable tone.

Welcome back to the hobby and good luck!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TN Lynne and nice dig for the first time out. Your largie fared a lot better than some do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions