Did You Smell It? Did You Smell It?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN0117.JPG

Too dark and cold to detect, so I fired up the smoker and smoked some meat, mozzarella cheese and medium cheddar. I had a nice cold north wind, and figured you guys south of me could smell the delightful aroma of cheese and beef jerky in the smoker, using apple-wood. It's too bad customs won't allow food across the border, as I would like to share this tasty, mouth watering treat with you. :icon_thumright:

Below are the bricks of cheese and jerky in the dehydrator.

DSCN0123.JPG

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
How To Build A Cheese Smoker For Under 10 Bucks :icon_scratch:

CHHEESEPROCESS_zps0d86ff6c.jpg

Smoked cheese is very tasty!:love10: It must be smoked with cold smoke, and if you use a regular smoker, the cheese will melt. Building a cold smoker can be done for around $10.00. You need to purchase a soldering iron, about 30-45 watts. You can't use a used one, as the lead and flux are poisonous, and will make your cheese taste yucky. You also need an an empty tin can. I used an empty can of beans. using a can-opener, cut the lid about 3/4 around. Punch a hole in the remaining attached portion of the lid next to the rim. Now get your a brand new soldering iron as shown, insert it through the punched hole, then fill the can about 3/4 full of tiny wood chips such as alder, cherry, apple, birch etc. Don't use pine or spruce, as it is too tary. Get a cardboard box, attach a tray of some sort near the top to put the cheese on, set up the smoker can, close the box, plug in the soldering gun, and wait one to two hours. The cheese should have a nice coating on it. Wrap it up tightly, put it in the fridge for at least a week to get the smoke flavor deeper into the cheese. Hope the cheese tastes good! You can also smoke sliced apples, hard boiled eggs, and salt.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smells good from here. Lol

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yum,id go back under the train tunnel to get some of that.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Smells good from here. Lol

I would send you some, but customs won't allow it to cross the border unless it is federally inspected! Go figure.......:BangHead:

pro pointer snowman.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread