Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys/gals, I have just upgraded to an atpro and have been reading up and watching the videos on the set ups. Just wanted some advice on ground balancing, can you get more depth by balancing + or - from automatic ground balance. What are the tricks. pros and cons. I know learning the machine is the biggest factor and it takes time. This is a great forum and I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been here. Thanks for the help

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard of doing one or the other, but having a LOT of iron junk in the ground around here, honestly I set it when it's clear as is. I have detected quarters - flat to the coil at 14" (more often 10-12") and lead soldiers at 18". It also constantly picks up tiny pieces of copper and brass at 8" easily. I think that's pretty good. But you'll have a lot more experienced folks than I to help.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy bury a test target so it gives a weak signal then tune so you get the best response.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys/gals, I have just upgraded to an atpro and have been reading up and watching the videos on the set ups. Just wanted some advice on ground balancing, can you get more depth by balancing + or - from automatic ground balance. What are the tricks. pros and cons. I know learning the machine is the biggest factor and it takes time. This is a great forum and I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been here. Thanks for the help
Just ground balance to your soil and you'll be fine . The only time it really matters is when saltwater conditions come into play .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some tips in the AT Gold manual free on-line at the Garrett website. A few different places in the manual.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Auto GB is great if your just scouting out an area, but actual manual Balance is the best. Your machine is basically a computer, you do too many thing at the same time you can loose a bit here and there, just a thought...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions