Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine ordered.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne and Doug at metaldetectingstuff when they come in they will ship to me. I paid for it so they could ship when they get them

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be people that still have faith in Garrett. The nearly ten years of practice with the Pro Pointer did not seem to elevate their manufacturing capabilities to the point where the word dependable could be used when talking about that product. Let us hope they do a much better job this time around and make me eat these words.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only used Garrett's, so I do have faith in them. I know what your are talking about thou..they still have the same issue with the pro pointer now where the battery barely touches the connects after a while..I noticed on the newer ones they put a foam piece to help. But I wouldn't consider it a fix

plus it helps I work 10 miles from garret head quarters..lol. But they have always fix my problems or even given me extras

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same price as old pin pointer $127. They dropped price of old unit to $110 from what I've been told.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be people that still have faith in Garrett. The nearly ten years of practice with the Pro Pointer did not seem to elevate their manufacturing capabilities to the point where the word dependable could be used when talking about that product. Let us hope they do a much better job this time around and make me eat these words.

I use the pro pointer for its intended purposes and don't have any issues. It's made to recover a target faster not push and poke it hard into a hole. It's not water proof like the new one also and wet nasty mud can get in. I know because I've been there. I am a very happy customer of Garrett and don't have any plans of jumping ship to any other manufacturer. They have always treated me well and I have a few of their products and couldn't be happier. I find the same stuff the $1500 detectors do. I sure love seeing those guys out at fairgrounds face when I pull silver and they think there is none left. It's a case of knowing how to use the tool and getting a good tool. Garrett has made this a very enjoyable hobby for me and sure can't see it changing. That is why I pre ordered the new pro pointer so I can take it in the river with my detector and not leave it in the truck. Was a no brainer. Good luck.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same price as old pin pointer $127. They dropped price of old unit to $110 from what I've been told.
That's awesome to hear. I use and abuse my pinpointers...I've had to run them under water several time to get the mud clay off after detecting in the rain. So I know any issues I have is due to how i I treat it. To me it's just a tool and when it goes bad, I get another. But for me, I won't detect without one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread