Is this Garretts answer to the new waterproof MAKRO Pointer ?

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this Garretts answer to the new waterproof MAKRO Pointer ? Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco Have you heard this news? I haven't,and can't find anything about it on Garretts website .. It's the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT .. I've heard the MAKRO Pointer is made better,and is an all around better deal.. Guess I'll wait for the reviews to come in on the new Garrett pointer..:notworthy:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Is this Garretts answer to the new waterproof MAKRO Pointer ? Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco Have you heard this news? I haven't,and can't find anything about it on Garretts website .. It's the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT .. I've heard the MAKRO Pointer is made better,and is an all around better deal.. Guess I'll wait for the reviews to come in on the new Garrett pointer..:notworthy:

How can you have heard that the Macro Pointer is better then the new Garrett Pro Pointer AT, when the Garrett hasn't even reached the market yet? And it's not even posted on the Garrett Forum. And why would you choose to use a black Pointer in the water, when the new Garrett Pro Pointer AT is a florescent orange? Have you ever tried to find something black in water after the silt has been disturbed? Have you ever tried shipping a parcel to the UK? Much cheaper to do in USA, and to a company that stands behind it's products and has been in business for 50 years.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine on order already can't wait. I have no problems with all my Garrett equipment so it was a no brainer. Can't wait to get it.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no doubt that Garrett pays but little attention to what Makro is doing. This pinpointer is just capitalizing on the amazing success of the original Garrett pinpointer. That item remade the entire pinpointer market and is the envy of the competition. For every person complains about it there are hundreds if not thousands happily using it. A real home run for Garrett. If anything, it is everyone else trying to get in on the game after seeing what Garrett has done, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no doubt that Garrett pays but little attention to what Makro is doing. This pinpointer is just capitalizing on the amazing success of the original Garrett pinpointer. That item remade the entire pinpointer market and is the envy of the competition. For every person complains about it there are hundreds if not thousands happily using it. A real home run for Garrett. If anything, it is everyone else trying to get in on the game after seeing what Garrett has done, not the other way around.
WOW , You sure got that right..

OP
OP
OverKill

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard the MAKRO Pointer is made better,and is an all around better deal, in the reviews I saw compared to the Garrett Pro-Pointer ... not the AT..

We know it's (AT) not out yet. I'm in the market for one,and like to know if someone has both,what their thoughts are ..

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have one of the first ones so I'll give a full report when I get my hands on it. Heck I already paid for it lol and they aren't to the suppliers yet.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait to get my AT Pro Pointer! Going to be a fun summer at the beach.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better made?

I read about some people having issues with their Garrett pinpointer. All I know is I have one of the originals I purchased when they first came out and I am still using it. I suppose like anything else when you sell a zillion of them you are going to get some bad ones. Mine on the other hand appears to be indestructible. And I have used it so much the end is rounding off!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Better made?

I read about some people having issues with their Garrett pinpointer. All I know is I have one of the originals I purchased when they first came out and I am still using it. I suppose like anything else when you sell a zillion of them you are going to get some bad ones. Mine on the other hand appears to be indestructible. And I have used it so much the end is rounding off!
Same with me Steve i got one of the first one's they put out …And have never had any type of a problem with it … It works as good now as it did when i got it years ago..

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My money is always on the American made one if I have a choice.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is and always has been on the top of the game. The new Garrett Pro Pointer AT | BigBoysHobbies is just another example. We cant wait to test them!

val-kilmer-doc-holliday-tombstone2.jpeg

I'll be your huckleberry!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread