New coil for a at pro

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For sure the 5x8......................You will never take it off!!

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy Garrett if you're looking for hearburn

Having a Garrett AT Pro and two coils (the 8x11 and the 5x8) plus a ProPointer on which the switch collapsed and did nothing but falsing until I had to pull it to bits to rectify Garrett's pis-ant design of the wires shorting on the mother-board (plus the detector spending most of its time falsing) which I have to confess an old guy who was an experienced detector fixed for me. But he did say that you should always buy Garrett if you're dumb enough.

I can only say people have got more money than sense who buy these over-designed, poorly constructed pieces of over-priced crap!
As I said elsewhere; I am bitterly disappointed in the quality of the product, it's quality of parts and the alleged customer service. Did I say I was bitterly disappointed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
creade

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a Garrett AT Pro and two coils (the 8x11 and the 5x8) plus a ProPointer on which the switch collapsed and did nothing but falsing until I had to pull it to bits to rectify Garrett's pis-ant design of the wires shorting on the mother-board (plus the detector spending most of its time falsing) which I have to confess an old guy who was an experienced detector fixed for me. But he did say that you should always buy Garrett if you're dumb enough.

I can only say people have got more money than sense who buy these over-designed, poorly constructed pieces of over-priced crap!
As I said elsewhere; I am bitterly disappointed in the quality of the product, it's quality of parts and the alleged customer service. Did I say I was bitterly disappointed?
all detectors are overpriced. Show me one that's really worth the money, and I'm not talking about just garret. That being said, I've never had anything but good customer service

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the 5x8 and you will have a whole diff detector.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing but GREAT things to say about my Garrett equipment AND service on the extremely few times I've needed service.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow................I have had no problems, just got a Pro pointer back, that was out of warranty and fixed free of charge (switch) and returned to Mich. in 10 days. Had an AT Pro for two years..............never a problem!!

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long before I found this website I have owned Garrett and never a problem, starting with a Garrett I can't even remember if it had a name, I think it was just called a Garrett, Freedom Ace, 250 Ace, AT Pro never had an issue, I can't say the same for Bounty Hunter, anyway good luck with your bitter attitude.....LOL

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Complex electronic machines sometimes fail. The important thing is that the manufacturer corrects the problem efficiently. From all accounts I've ever read, Garrett stands behind its products and fixes them promptly and at no charge when it's faulty materials or workmanship.

You had "an old guy" fix it. It doesn't sound like you ever gave Garrett a chance to make it right, so why are you bitter about their customer service?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ignore sunrise..just look up his posts youll see what I mean.he even said earlier that it was all him and he now digs his garrett...go figure.

the 5x8 coil should come stock on at pro.Its lighter bringing the machine into the best balance I have ever had on any machine.I dont notice any depth reduction worth noting.target seperation is off the charts better.pinpointing dead nuts on.easy to get up under bushes or close to rocks and other objects.

the 9x11 is now relegated to large open flat fields with little trash and only when Im in a hurry to cherry pick square footage.in other words...maybe never.

money SUPER well spent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions