Day #2 at :Denver City Park

Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually hunt in pro zero, 35 iron disc, and one bar below max sensitivity. Tried something new today. GB usually at 92 or 93, so I decided to see if "0" iron disc might help with depth and I believe it did. I also slowed my sweep down and went after any target with a reading over 40. No silver, no rings, but did pull a small dime size token at 8". Found can slaw, several nickels, a few zinc pennies. The area searched was approximately 4' x 120'. Then moved to a "skin" infield of a baseball diamond thinking that I might be able to gain an inch or two in depth due to absence of grass. Sure enough, within an area of 9'x9' I found a beautiful 1935 D Mercury dime, a 34 wheatie and a 45 wheatie. Will go back and search same area again when weather permits.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett says that you will lose depth with any disc.....higher the disc, the more you lose. You can however, notch without depth loss.

Sounds like a good day!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! I love the AT Gold with the all metal mode and iron disc button.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett says that you will lose depth with any disc.....higher the disc, the more you lose. You can however, notch without depth loss.

Sounds like a good day!

must have missed that in the manual

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread