Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. atpro does not false. If you are in a trashy area and you think your tecter is falsing, its not falsing. It's all that trash. You see?

Yea you know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the OP getting false positives like banging signals in the silver range because of the sensitivity being too high when hitting on iron and aluminum. I guess you could say no detector will false without a target for that matter.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same "problem" with my Ace 350 - wrapped cable, checked fittings, batteries, etc. Garrett sent new coil to test, no joy. Posted on FMD forum - wide ranging answers from "that's what they do" to perhaps bad connection to soil minerlization. I sent in the control box/coils last week to get checked out, and I'll let you know even though it's not a at pro.

As far as the periwinkles go, use a piece of cardboard/fabric to lay over the ground cover, and push a skewer or such into your pinpoint spot - Move cardboard and dig.

HH

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea you know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the OP getting false positives like banging signals in the silver range because of the sensitivity being too high when hitting on iron and aluminum. I guess you could say no detector will false without a target for that matter.

It depends on what you mean by "falsing", the leastest most greatest misunderstoodest term in tectin lingo. Trapper John OP states his pro falses on GRASS. OMG! its a crapper send it back. atpro is as stable as they come. atpro its a completely different ball game in the iron and pull tabs. atpro will NEVER pop high pitch on alum pull tabs or foil or even brass or lead at max sense, and wont even pop high on thin nails, even at MAX sense. Atpro will give a constant continuous repeatable high pitch over silver and copper no matter what. As with most machines, rusty crowns will pop high pitch at max sense but not for long, stabilize the waggle directly over that target for a second or two and you will know its rusty and round, the tones go back into the low tone ranges, all scratchy, broken up, and crappy, it don't sound good.

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good point on the rusty crowns gleaner . I do that also. But still dig a few when they fool me. But have also found tight coin spills when the signal bounces around in the 80's and wont settle down.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it helps, I had to send my brand new AT Pro back to Garrett for tuning or repair or whatever. It was going off like crazy holding 5' off the ground. Got it back and it's been rock solid ever since. My two cents - call Garrett and tell them what going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread