New Comparison Data On The New Orange Pro Pointer AT

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
new%20pin%20pointer%20comparison_zpsn9nzbenb.jpg~original

-Both Garrett Pro-Pointers turned off prior to each air test to avoid any possible drift

-Both machines had a new Duracell 9 volt battery

-Please remember, it is an air test. Distances may very depending on the many characteristics in the surrounding matrix of the target.

-Oxides on targets will probably affect results

-The air tests were performed at room temperatures

-The Garrett electric pin-pointers work well in extremely cold temperatures, pending the battery condition

-I have experienced poor performance with previous electronic pin-pointers in the cold, where they wouldn't vibrate, go out of tune or quit working all together

-All tests calculated to the nearest mm.

-Test performed in order of targets shown

-First two tests were performed on the same silver ring, with each having a different orientation towards the tip of the probe

-Next test was the silver dime, the 22 and finally the musket ball

10410718_895042057186635_7304819936825739638_n.jpg

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the tests. I'll likley be gettn an AT pinpointer soon. Try the AT submerged to see if its comparable to these results. Also maybe add a small shot from a shotgun to replicate a small nugget.
AjR

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told not to use Duracell copper top batteries in pro pointers. By Garrett. as they are longer than other brands.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure got that QUICK, hmm

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was comparing mine this weekend and the at at max sense was def more sensitive. The quick retune is my favorite feature. Love this little orange pin pointer. Good luck everyone.

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard someone yesterday refer to it as the garrett carrot.......my drink almost came out my nose! :laughing7:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeeez, I like the thing, but orange!?!? I try not to stand out and I'd have to paint it black or green or something. I wish they'd give color options. I know folks painted them bright colors for fear of losing them, but I am never in so much of a hurry as to lose the regular black one I have now.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody from what I heard just filling pre orders.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the first dealer on Tnet here that has them in stock is were i will get mine..

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not dealers fault Garrett is trying to get them out as fast as possible. Hope you all get them soon

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, thanks for posting! Keppy, I'm doubtful that anyone has it in stock. We got in 1/10 of our first order on 2/17. Garrett supposedly has orders for thousands waiting for production. They are making them as fast as they can.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw where guys cut up a bicycle inner tube and covered it - that makes it black and adds some protection. Probably mutes the tones somewhat - I got mine this weekend, and I love it, but I wish there was a sound setting in between silent and blast your ears off.
I am going to put electrical tape over the speaker just like I did on my regular PP.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I saw where guys cut up a bicycle inner tube and covered it - that makes it black and adds some protection. Probably mutes the tones somewhat - I got mine this weekend, and I love it, but I wish there was a sound setting in between sitire tube lent and blast your ears off.
I am going to put electrical tape over the speaker just like I did on my regular PP.

That tire tube mod is on my '' " video. Below is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CORF4dsmopibINy0fWzGA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread