jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be buying my first detector soon. I've decided on a Garrett Ace. I'm trying to decide whether to get the 350, or the 250 with an extra coil such as the Sniper. I'll be doing mostly parks, tot lots, old home sites, campsites, perhaps freshwater beaches at local lakes. I'd be interested in your opinions of what might be the better choice, the 250 and a Sniper coil, or the 350 with stock DD coil.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the price you are talking, seriously consider a second hand ATpro.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good question. I'm a Garrett user and I would go 350. well thats my two cents. good luck with your purchase and I can't wait to see some finds!

historyncoins1

Feb 8, 2015
NW IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get the ace 250 with the other coils or get the Garrett AT Pro. The at pro has a bigger price tag and works great. I have an ace 250 myself and I have the bigger and smaller coil. In my detecting club I have heard people talking about the ace 350 compared to the 250 and people say they both work great but the 350 is more expensive and the only difference is more features. I started out with the 250 and have never been disappointed with it in fact on my third hunt it payed for itself by finding 3 gold rings at a sledding hill but seriously it works great so definitely a great option.

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 2014 a new 250 with an extra coil was just about the same price as a new 350, so I got the 350.

historyncoins1

Feb 8, 2015
NW IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not too worried about money just get the At Pro

OP
OP
J

jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Bulrush, that's why I'm trying to compare the two. Trying to decide which setup I would get the most use out of. It just seems to me that for the same money, the 250 with a second coil like the Sniper would give me more bang for the buck. Historyncoins1, I wish money wasn't an issue. I'd definitely get the AT Pro. But for right now at least, I have to consider prices, especially since I'll need accessories too.

historyncoins1

Feb 8, 2015
NW IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 250 will not upset you and you will get great use out of it

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeffinmi, I am in SE Michigan too, welcome to the best hobby in the world. I feel like you should go for the 350 , a DD coil is a really nice thing to have and it comes stock on it, plus the added features, doesn't a 350 have pinpoint and 250 doesn't ? Pinpoint is a really good feature for the new detectorist. I feel that when you have that coil already you won't feel the need to have those other two and if down the road you do want to give the sniper coil a try it won't be much money to pick it up later.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
The 250 has pinpoint the 150 does not. Also if you are thinking about a sniper coil I would consider the 5x8 do instead

KBookerT

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my 350 for a year now. Found all kinds of different things. I have no complaints on the 350 at all.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250 with small DD coil and the Sniper coil,with covers.If hunting tot-lots I'd use the sniper,I like it so much I sometimes don't take it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread