Got my new pro pointer at

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking of picks, I bought an Hodan 16" pick and it works really well. It is the smallest out of the group. It has a rare earth magnet screwed into the handle, but I am going to buy a 3/8" diameter by 1-2 inch long magnet, bore a hole and glue it into the handle. I will then probably cover it with that liquid rubber to keep it from shattering if dropped or used roughly.

BTW, when purchasing rare earth magnets the higher the number the higher the grade or more powerful it is. For example an N42 is weaker than an N52 magnet of comparable size.

I just bought two Makros PP this year, but honestly I am waiting for a good review on the new Garrett and/or when they come up cheaper used before I spring on one.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scorpion Rider, I got a small shipment in today but these are all presold. I think Garrett has sent out 2 shipments to distributors, but no one has gotten their complete first order.

I'm going to guess it will be at least a month or two before anyone has available dealer stock.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread