Got my new pro pointer at

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home tonite and my new pro pointer at was there. I pre ordered at end of December and now I have it. Going to play with it for a bit but won't see field till all this ice and snow melts a bit. Thanks again Wayne at Metaldetectingstuff you guys came through again. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424562421.246125.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how the new water proof one does. I am tired of putting shoe goo on mine.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do prob won't get a good water test till rivers get a bit warmer here but it will be getting wet. No more leaving pro pointer in truck when I water hunt.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm waiting for someone to take it down to 25' and see how it does...

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine won't see any water deeper than waist level I only hunt rivers around me and every now and then I might hit a beach on Lake Erie. It will be nice probing under water with pin pointer to narrow down targets. Been playing with it and it has a lot more features than the old pro pointer and isn't hard to learn. I love the quick tune. That is going to be nice.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I have never had a need for a pin pointer when I'm beach hunting. Scoop the target..can't find it,..not worth my time, on to the next. Couldn't be bothered bending over in the water with a pin pointer at the beach. I see videos of guys with pin pointers going through the sand at the beach that have no scoop. On the beach its a waste of time.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It will leak and short out is what it will do. It's only waterproof to 10'.

It won't leak at 11'

Most likely not at 15'

They probably tested it to see how far down it would go before it leaked.

I wonder how far down the test was. They say 10' to have a percentage of margin in which they are comfortable with.

Just wondering what that margin is...

The challenge is ON! TAKE ER DOWN!

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see videos of guys with pin pointers going through the sand at the beach that have no scoop. On the beach its a waste of time.

Agreed, although I'm a bit more persistent about finding the target. :) I use a scoop and homemade floating sifter - no need for a pinpointer. But I'll still get a ProPointer AT to use when I'm creek hunting and the river rocks make a scoop useless.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello G.I.B,

All products have a safety factor (1.2-12ft, 1.5-15ft, 2-20ft, 2.5-25ft...etc.) built into the design. The problem is we do not know what this number happens to be. It would be interesting to find out the maximum depth before failure.

Regards,

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah I can see creek hunting amongst large rocks and hard stone where the pinpointer would help for sure. Do you use a miners pick instead of a scoop in creeks??

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
It won't leak at 11'

Most likely not at 15'

I wonder how far down the test was. They say 10' to have a percentage of margin in which they are comfortable with.

My opinion is that they shoulda designed around millitary specs and made it good to 20 feet, and then sell it as good to 10 feet. The real test though will be the long-term field testing under varying temperatures swings. That's why I think a mil spec design of 2x(20') was wise in the final design review.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pick with magnet in rivers no way a scoop would work around here. It's all rock bottoms some mud but that gets washed away quick.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Oh yeah I see this guy on YouTube that hunts rivers for relics and uses a pick with a magnet on the bottom. Can you buy the pick with magnet or did you have to put that on yourself?

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I can see creek hunting amongst large rocks and hard stone where the pinpointer would help for sure. Do you use a miners pick instead of a scoop in creeks??

No I usually just use my hands or sometimes my land digging tools (digger, big screwdriver) if I need to get down deeper.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sell them I have the Garrett retriever but am going to order the retriever II which will work better for me but both have magnets that are pretty powerful. It's a great tool for river hunting.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU first! :)

It won't leak at 11'

Most likely not at 15'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions