OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Nathan I appreciate it. As far as your concerns. I actually have new foam grips for the handle and I will send you one. As far as end caps its something im lookin into but believe me the material I use is so expensive plus the labor its either I leave end caps and the expensive snap clip out of the deal to keep the handle reasonable in price or pass those added costs on to the consumer.
Would you be willing to pay extra for the end caps and snap pin which BTW they would have to custom make just to fit inside that hefty metal handle even if it can be done at a reasonable price sent to me.
Problem is the only time you get a price break on items like end caps and spring pins is by buying I huge volume in the thousands and they still aren't cheap.
I will continue to check on end caps but the snap pins are a bit too much even though id like to.

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bzbadger, I ordered one of your straight shafts a couple of days ago. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Arm fatigue is an issue even with the 5x8 coil.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bzbadger, I ordered one of your straight shafts a couple of days ago. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Arm fatigue is an issue even with the 5x8 coil.

Its going to feel weird because when I first used my handle with the smaller DD coil it was like it wasn't there.
Take your coil off now and its about the same feeling it is with the 5x8 DD with the handle.

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bzbadger, it has been nearly 2 weeks now since I ordered my straight shaft. What is the normal delivery time?

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already shipped

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handle has been updated with new grips. The old wrap has been done away with and have gone to this new foam handle that is like the original handle Garrett provides but this is a 9 lb foam grip so should provide a lot of cushion.

Attachments

• WP_20150602_001.jpg
    WP_20150602_001.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 179

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read this post front to back a couple of times. Paying close attention to the facts and tossing out the stupid. I have been using my ATPro for a few months and I am starting to get soreness in my shoulder and pain in my elbow to the point that it is effecting my hunts and enjoyment. I tried an elbow brace with little help. I have found a few tricks that help a bit like repositioning my thumb or fingers under the control box for a bit. This helps (kinda like shifting your weight on a long motorcycle trip) but does not solve the problems. I really think that this straight shaft is the way to go and I plan to order one just as soon as I can

JimK

OK, I bought one of these and it came last Friday. I assembled it Friday night (it is very east to put together with just a phillips screw driver). I had no fitment issues at all. We went out Saturday to a couple of local parks and spent about 4 hours detecting. I noticed the difference right away. At the end of the day I noticed almost no shoulder fatigue and NO elbow pain at all. The quality of this shaft is top notch and the foam grip is very much like the original AT Pro grip. If I added a 5X8 coil I bet I could again pull those 8-10 hour hunting trips of my long lost youth. I would say that I was very pleased but that does not express how happy I am to be able to continue the hobby without the pain that I was experiencing. I highly recommend to anyone with the same issues to give it a try. bzbadger is friendly and helpful, he answered questions for me and seems to be very honest.
JimK

Last edited:

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree completely with JimK. Got mine a few da

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine a few days ago. Installation was very easy. Shaft is top quality. I've only gotten out once since I installed it, but the difference was a welcome relief. I use the 5x8 coil and went home after a few hour with no arm fatigue whatsoever. Great product!!!

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for posting about the handles. They are selling well and people seem to be pretty happy with how it works for them. Hopefully soon this and the rest of my line of shovels and scoops will be picked up by a rather larger distributor who shall remain nameless for now.
Like to see pictures if you don't mind always good to see some happy customers

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the straight shaft collapse as small as the stock shaft? I'm just wondering if it'll fit into my bag. (It's the camo Garrett bag)

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the straight shaft collapse as small as the stock shaft? I'm just wondering if it'll fit into my bag. (It's the camo Garrett bag)

It's no longer than the original upper shaft. We kept everything within the length that people are accustomed to.
Tried swinging a guy's AT pro without the handle and it felt so odd and just wrong. I've used the retrofit handle now for over two almost three years now and there's no way I'd go back to the S handle. I still have the same wrap grip I put on it and dozens upon dozens of hours it's been used but I think im going to put the new grips we got for the handles on mine finally.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's no longer than the original upper shaft. We kept everything within the length that people are accustomed to.
Tried swinging a guy's AT pro without the handle and it felt so odd and just wrong. I've used the retrofit handlek now for over two almost three years now and there's no way I'd go back to the S handle. I still have the same wrap grip I put on it and dozens upon dozens of hours it's been used but I think im going to put the new grips we got for the handles on mine finally.

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the black Garrett bag and it fits right in.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the black Garrett bag and it fits right in.

Some of those Garrett bags I've bought weren't to the quality I expected as in the last one I got the zipper broke the first time I used it. Stupid thing made in China, I'll take American made any day.

metalhead

Mar 24, 2012
York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sovereign GT
Minlab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retro Fit Handle

I ordered a Garrett retro fit handle from finders keepers about 4 days ago -on my order confirmation there's a phone to check the status of my order and the area code 123 does not exist also there is a website and that does not come up either.The reason I'm trying to get in touch with them is because I haven't received any shipping details,I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem with finders keepers?

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
I messaged bzbadger a few days after I ordered mine, he said it would be a week or so that they were currently fabricating them and he would send me an email with tracking info as soon as it ships.

metalhead

Mar 24, 2012
York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sovereign GT
Minlab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
retro fit handle

I just posted a message about my not being to get a hold of finders keepers to confirm shipping details that i haven't received since the phone # that came in the email has an area code that does not exist -wondering if anyone had that same problem and my post was flagged I'm confused why because I didn't say anything wrong.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted a message about my not being to get a hold of finders keepers to confirm shipping details that i haven't received since the phone # that came in the email has an area code that does not exist -wondering if anyone had that same problem and my post was flagged I'm confused why because I didn't say anything wrong.

Sorry as I have been out sick today I hadn't until now checked emails or logged into TN. As far as the phone # we've asked for that thing to be fixed and what I don't understand is the contact number is right there on the main site page, don't understand why the email receipt doesn't give the number but apparently that's what problem you ran into. I emailed you regarding the handle and it should be shipped out shortly. I'd appreciate some patience as we have had a high demand. I'm not amazon and have tons of these lying around I wish I did would make things a lot easier.
I've never missed an order yet so please don't worry. I'm on here now and sick as a dog but I wanted to make sure nobody is upset or left in the dark on anything. I'm a detectorist too so I know what it's like when I want the new thing for my detector. Thank you for your patience.

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be worth the wait, guys. I love mine. If I can ever figure out how to post a photo with my new phone I'll send one in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread