Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggested you be patient just like I ask anyone to be patient. Bzbadger has not logged in since Aug 17, you can see this by looking at his profile....your not going to get any answers till he logs in again...

Your implying the deal was shady violates our rules as I have already mentioned, it is considered an attack.

I know he logged in on the 17th because he did so to answer my question before I made my purchase on the 17th..
So if my opinion of shady breaks the rules then I apologize and change it to un professional.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need him to log in to tnet to get a response either because I have reached out to him via email and the finders keepers page. He has my email, my phone number and my tnet name so he has several options.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need him to log in to tnet to get a response either because I have reached out to him via email and the finders keepers page. He has my email, my phone number and my tnet name so he has several options.
Just as I said, he hasn't logged in since the 17th... He could be in the hospital with no internet access... Wait and see what happens.....

Last edited:

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
What is the hype over this retrofit for a straight shaft style ATP ? Look at the thing realistically , there is no difference between this and the original S handle other than how it looks. Handle is in the same place , same weight distribution , control box is still in the same basic place....its all the same , just a different look. Without moving the control box up to your elbow or near it , you arent really taking any stress of your hand wrist or forearm. The only real difference is the shaft is straight without an S curve , this setup defies the whole point of the straight shaft. Sorry to sound so negative but think about it.....just what does it change ?

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried it myself, but everybody that has bought one has said on here that it stressed their arm less and they can hunt longer.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received an e mail on my order, apparently they have been having problems with payments showing up on some orders. They are shipping it out to me priority mail. Thank you for the response Scott. I will give you guys my experience with the straight shaft unbiased to the order issue.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
I haven't tried it myself, but everybody that has bought one has said on here that it stressed their arm less and they can hunt longer.

I believe thats a case of people believing what they "want" to believe , a placebo effect. With the handle and control box being in the same location and no difference in weight distribution or drag ( in water ) , there is no difference in the stresses put on the arm. Just saying think about it......what is different ? Im glad some people are happy with their placebo straight shaft but the only thing they really got out of that deal is a chance to spend more money.

Something like one of these two pictures actually changes weight distribution , balance , and function.....but if you notice , its actual significant change , not just for looks. This is the whole reason for a straight shaft setup. Move the weight and drag back to the elbow so its not supported by the forearm or stabilized by the wrist.

addon.php.jpeg attachment.php.jpeg

Last edited:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe thats a case of people believing what they "want" to believe , a placebo effect. With the handle and control box being in the same location and no difference in weight distribution or drag ( in water ) , there is no difference in the stresses put on the arm. Just saying think about it......what is different ? Im glad some people are happy with their placebo straight shaft but the only thing they really got out of that deal is a chance to spend more money.

I think unless you swing it you really can't disprove it. The rod is moved from above the hand to below the hand giving it a lower center of gravity which i believe will make a difference in feel. I've created something myself that truly does make a difference and am working on being able to produce them to sell before I let my idea out. I'm currently using my piece with my detector and would never go back to original.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Here is another thread from this very site that also explains what I am getting at. Without the better balance due to distribution of weight the practical benefits arent there , or at best only marginal. Moving the weight rearward is what counterbalances the coil.....if you dont do that then you may as well stick with the original design. But do what is best for you , Im only pointing out an obvious flaw in an effort to get people to think about what they are spending their money on.

Here is the thread:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/minelab/324645-straight-shaft-much-better-s-shaft-why.html

Last edited:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making a difference and making a bigger difference are 2 different things. I agree the picture you posted of the detector with the control box under the elbow makes for a better balance making the coil feel lighter but some people would still like to see the vdi and dept readout of the target making a market for people to try something like this.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the hype over this retrofit for a straight shaft style ATP ? Look at the thing realistically , there is no difference between this and the original S handle other than how it looks. Handle is in the same place , same weight distribution , control box is still in the same basic place....its all the same , just a different look. Without moving the control box up to your elbow or near it , you arent really taking any stress of your hand wrist or forearm. The only real difference is the shaft is straight without an S curve , this setup defies the whole point of the straight shaft. Sorry to sound so negative but think about it.....just what does it change ?

I can tell you for a fact that it does work. I don't know why it does but it does. The balance is better and you can notice it right off. The pain in my elbow is completely gone and we detect most every weekend. Some shoulder sorness still remains but that is due to me being old and fat. But the product and the results are solid. This shaft enabled me to continue in the hobby so I feel it is a bargan at twice the price. I am a believer in "to each his own" but I hate to see something that helps get run down by someone that has never used it. It may not work for everyone (my wife likes her original shaft) but it for sure works for me.

JimK

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so today is day 19 and my shaft came. Sadly I can not post how it swings. The hole on the front to connect the rest of the shaft would not line up and with 2 people and a brass hammer believe me we tried until I fixed that in my drill press.This I could have overlooked but the control box will not fit into the shaft because the holes are drilled to close together. I guess it was not test fit or drilled with a jig? I will be contacting them seeking a refund.

Scott returned my contact and is going to make things right with a new shaft. He will make sure the fitment is correct and refund my shipping.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are these shafts still for sale?

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google his name. He still makes them.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ctdigger01

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, it's guys like this that give the hobby a bad name. No matter what you do or say they just love being negative and won't give it up. You can't please everyone. It sounds to me you have a great customer base and one BAD APPLE(Penny) should not matter. Keep doing what you're doing my friend and produce the product. It's a good deal. I want one for my Pro.
ctdigger01

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread